Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Using Factory Sat antenna with aftermarket HU

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using Factory Sat antenna with aftermarket HU

2007 F150 Screw without factory sub

Wanting to upgrade HU to either Pioneer AVH-P4400BH or Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS.

Question 1 is if i buy whatever sat radio kit i need with those units will it work with my existing Sat Radio antenna?

2. When i bought my truck i believe it was labeled as having XM radio. Obviously now they've merged and it's Sirius/XM. Some radios list as Sirius compatible, XM compatible and Sirius/XM compatible...does this really matter?

3. Does anyone have any advice on which of the two above mentioned radios are better?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:29 PM

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm about to do the same setup as my factory head unit just crapped out. I'm a 2007 SCrew without factory sub as well.

1. Yes it will work with the factory antenna - you need a SiriusXM Tuner part# SXV200. From what I've researched the factory antenna plug has a plastic "cover" on the end that you can remove and it will plug into the SXV200 tuner.

2. Mine was labeled as having Sirius, and it's all I've had in previous vehicles. So, I can't give any accurate info there. I would assume the hardware would be the same, but don't take my word for it.

3. My opinion is - personal preference. Get what you like the best.

I'll be going with the Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS, SXV200 Tuner, & iDatalink Maestro - part# 794ADSMSW to keep the steering wheel controls.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply.

Usually my personal preference is Alpine all the way. However it's been several years since i've been in the aftermarket Audio world. I would like to keep the HU a double Din size unit. Alpine Double Din's are more than i want to spend. Pioneer has decent prices on their double dins.

btw Other than Crutchfield is there a better place online to order from?
Old 06-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

Remove the outer plastic plug and it will work; you need to secure the antenna connector with electrical tape because it will be a little loose.

The other option would be to buy an adapter.....search for Fragra Antenna Adapter on Google or Ebay.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:22 PM

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by trophynuts
Thank you for the reply.

Usually my personal preference is Alpine all the way. However it's been several years since i've been in the aftermarket Audio world. I would like to keep the HU a double Din size unit. Alpine Double Din's are more than i want to spend. Pioneer has decent prices on their double dins.

btw Other than Crutchfield is there a better place online to order from?
I just ordered the AVH-X3500BHS off ebay from stereocenter. Got it for $295 shipped NIB. Amazon also has it for around $290 shipped. Those were the cheapest I found while I was searching.

Quick Reply: Using Factory Sat antenna with aftermarket HU