Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

speaker level input loosing sync?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker level input loosing sync?

Ok so I'm going through the process of building my system for my 11 fx4 screw. I shop around local audio places and Crutchfield of course.
Today when I went to a local audio shop they told me that If I amp my speakers using speaker level inputs (as at this point I don't want to change the factory head unit) that I would lose audio from the sync. But that doesn't make any sense to me, I'm not an expert on car audio. But I installed did stay at a holiday in last night. I have however installed Navigation systems with steering wheel audio controls in my other vehicles so I have a good idea of things.
I just wanted to know if there was any truth to the statement that I would lose sync audio using speaker level inputs.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by EdgeR6
Ok so I'm going through the process of building my system for my 11 fx4 screw. I shop around local audio places and Crutchfield of course.
Today when I went to a local audio shop they told me that If I amp my speakers using speaker level inputs (as at this point I don't want to change the factory head unit) that I would lose audio from the sync. But that doesn't make any sense to me, I'm not an expert on car audio. But I installed did stay at a holiday in last night. I have however installed Navigation systems with steering wheel audio controls in my other vehicles so I have a good idea of things.
I just wanted to know if there was any truth to the statement that I would lose sync audio using speaker level inputs.
Install the PAC AOEM FRD24. PNP install and no wire tapping. You do not lose any controls at all. Works great.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

They were just mistaken, can do the installation without worries.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:27 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

+1. Pac has what you are looking for. If you want Aftermarket HU, SYNC, and amp though, it gets tricky. I had to make my own adapter for that. Works like a champ though.

Quick Reply: speaker level input loosing sync?