Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Remote turn on for multiple devices

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote turn on for multiple devices

I will be soon adding a 7 band Clarion equalizer to my audio system in my 08 SCrew. I have two amps already and both are turned on by my Pioneer's remote wire. However, I was reading a few articles online and they stated that one or two devices is OK, but any more than that a relay was recomended because of the mA draw from all devices could possibly damaged the internal circuitry for the remote wire. Does any have a similar set-up in their ride not using a relay?
Old 05-20-2011, 07:42 AM

Relay install is pretty simple and will give you a piece of mind that you will have enough current to turn on all devices without any problems.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

relays are super simple to install, just a power ground and existing remote is needed thats all...do you have the clarion eq already? i have one you can buy just needs a pyramid plug so you could save some money
Old 05-20-2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by loganberry
relays are super simple to install, just a power ground and existing remote is needed thats all...do you have the clarion eq already? i have one you can buy just needs a pyramid plug so you could save some money
No not yet. I found it on amazon for about $45.00. Gonna be a fathers day gift. I can get a relay for free also. A friend of mine doesn't have a relay installed and he said that he didn't have a relay. I was getting yes and no answers and didn't know really which way to go, but I do now. What kind of eq do you have and how much? How many bandwidths does it have?
Old 05-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its the same clarion one that you are going to get....sometimes you dont need a relay it is just easier and better for the amps when you are running 3 or more devices that use a remote switch...pm me if your interested in the eq

Quick Reply: Remote turn on for multiple devices