Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Memphis Car Audio Reccomendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 05:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Memphis Car Audio Reccomendations

Hey guys, finally got my buddy the Memphis Audio rep to stop by for some beers. He said he would hook me up with speakers and amps for my 2008 FX2 SCREW. He will give me 50% off dealer cost on whatever I get. Now that is a smoking deal, but $ will still be a consideration as finances are still a little tight right now. But what all would you audio gurus pick? I mainly listen to hardrock, but do listen to all kinds of music, and appreciate lots of bass.

He recommended 15-MCS57 5x7 components for the front doors, 15-MC572 5x7 coaxials for the rears, and one of their 15-MR10 or 12 "thin mount" subs (need help deciding on a 10, or 12, also single or dual voice coils) kinda want to build my own box, and I can find a good relocation spot for the jack go with dual 10's or 12's. He also showed me their new 5 channel(80wx4/350wx1) amps 16-MM5.750, nice and compact and it has a remote gain and balance "pod". Pretty cool, sure beats busting out the micro flathead screwdriver whenever you wanna adjust the gain. They also offer power kits, normally I would just "build" my own, but at 50% off dealer I think I might use theirs. Would 0ga be overkill? As I don't wanna spend more $ when 4ga would be just fine...

Here is a link to the Memphis website: http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/

Thanks for any advice you want to provide...
Old 05-21-2011, 05:09 AM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it wouldnt hurt to have 0 gauge in fact it would be better than running 4 gauge...memphis is pretty good product just be careful with there amps, they dont like low voltage and will smoke pretty quick
Old 05-21-2011, 01:59 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Price difference between 0awg and 4awg is negligible, just go with bigger wire. The system he laid out for you is a pretty solid budget system that will be far better than stock and for the price you seem to be getting I'd go for it.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright, I am sold on going 0awg. 1 decision down! As for the rest of the components, I can have my pick of anything they make. So you guys are saying to just go with these recommendations? And what is the consensus for sub size and single or duals?

I enjoy woodworking, so I like to build my own enclosures. So far all the ones I have built sounded pretty good. So I will probably build my own for this system too, unless there is some pretty compelling reasons to buy prebuilt. Anyone know of any good plans for crewcab 150's? Here is a pic of the box I built for my 94 Ranger XLT, it fits perfectly in the jumpseat location behind the driver seat. Came out pretty sweet considering the unusual dimensions required to get it to fit properly. I built it to be stealth, I put the gutted jumpseat cover over the sub and you couldn't even tell it was there. Forgive the poor quality of the pics, I can't find anything but the ones I took with my phone. I will also try to find some of the "completed" pics if anyone is interested..
Attached Thumbnails Memphis Car Audio Reccomendations-0410091854.jpg   Memphis Car Audio Reccomendations-0410091854a.jpg   Memphis Car Audio Reccomendations-0410091855.jpg   Memphis Car Audio Reccomendations-0410091855a.jpg  

Quick Reply: Memphis Car Audio Reccomendations