Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Radio replacement kit IdataLink

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio replacement kit IdataLink

Hello all, First Ide like to say thanks for the reply's if you have any insight to this.
I have a 2017 F-150 and I'm looking for the RR kit from iDataLink that will allow me to use gauge features in the kit as well as what is the best brand of radio to use with this kit? Also what are the gauge options(data) that you can see and can you configure the menus to see custom data. Also what are the best gauge readings that I should be reviewing for towing and regular driving, etc...Thanks again in advance as I am new to this and any help would be great.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:23 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

on my '13 i can see (i believe) 5 different gauges per screen, 2 screens available. you can change them to other selections available if you so choose. you see things like speed, tach, air temp, water temp, fuel, mpg, etc. if you search my posts i have posted screen shots of what my setup looks like with the gauges.

as far as brand, well there are lots of brands that will do what you want however most of them require models on the upper ends of the spectrum. personally i love pioneer units and i run a nex-8201. decide on which major name brand you like, the contact the manufacturer to see which models are capable of displaying what you want to see.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:32 PM

Received 90 Likes on 48 Posts

I can second the Nex models. I have a 4000NEX and an RR I need to sell from my wife's 2010 Edge, if you're interested send me a PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:57 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

The gauges you can display depend on the radio you install. With the Alpine system I put in my truck I can see tire pressures, rpm's, vehicle speed, temperature, engine load, G Force and a few others I can't remember off hand. All of them are configurable as to where on the screen you wish to see them, here's a sample screen shot.

Also has on screen climate controls and navigation. Touch screen input or use manual *****/buttons.

The iDatalink Maestro module is for retaining sync, steering wheel controls and something else I forget, all vehicle data is obtained via the obdii port under the dash with a separate cable.

I strongly suggest you go to www.crutchfield.com and use their vehicle compatibility menu so you get exactly what you want and what works for your truck.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:37 PM

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

If you go to the idatalink website and input the specifics of your vehicle and even the model number of your new radio, they will tell you what functionality will be retained.
The following users liked this post:
JaredC01 (01-25-2019)
Old 01-29-2019, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man, I really appreciate that information however based on this kit were their any features that you like over other kits and what information would you rather see over other data for like performance features and towing modes. I just want to know what I'm getting and there are many off answers and opinions. Also that system looks awesome.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:33 PM

Received 486 Likes on 439 Posts

Personal experience is iDatalink's system is more advanced than any other. I wouldn't use anything else.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:52 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by pascualrobbie
Hey man, I really appreciate that information however based on this kit were their any features that you like over other kits and what information would you rather see over other data for like performance features and towing modes. I just want to know what I'm getting and there are many off answers and opinions. Also that system looks awesome.
I have nothing to compare it against. It's what was included with the stereo I bought. It works. As for the data displayed, that all depends on the stereo model you buy as well as the vehicle it's used in, some will have pids that others may not.

To be perfectly honest the only information I wanted was tire pressure, everything else is just lagniappe.

Quick Reply: Radio replacement kit IdataLink