Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New truck - aftermarket sound isn't working

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 11:55 PM

Received 108 Likes on 83 Posts
Default New truck - aftermarket sound isn't working

Bought this truck recently which came with an amp and 2 subs. There is power to the LC2i module when I turn the key (red light), but nothing is working. There is also a small remote like box with min and max settings for the sub up front by gear lever which has no power. Any ideas?

New truck - aftermarket sound isn't working-9jvczsr.jpg
New truck - aftermarket sound isn't working-vbyrmw5r.jpg
New truck - aftermarket sound isn't working-kz83g1i.jpg
Old 02-15-2019, 12:07 AM

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

That Gladen amplifier is missing its three fuses. They should be to the right of where the power plugs in.

You may want to unplug the subwoofers before you put those fuses back in, there may be a reason they were pulled. I hope those two subwoofers are each DVC4ohms.... that amplifier can only handle a 4ohm mono load.

… and your regular music should still be coming out of the front and rear speakers as it looks like that amplifier is wired up to a subwoofer.

Last edited by Kanadian-kaos; 02-15-2019 at 12:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
5.0nly (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kanadian-kaos
That Gladen amplifier is missing its three fuses. They should be to the right of where the power plugs in.

You may want to unplug the subwoofers before you put those fuses back in, there may be a reason they were pulled. I hope those two subwoofers are each DVC4ohms.... that amplifier can only handle a 4ohm mono load.

… and your regular music should still be coming out of the front and rear speakers as it looks like that amplifier is wired up to a subwoofer.
Do you know what fuses I need? Also, which connections are to the subs that I need to disconnect? Once I insert the fuses, how will I know the subs work? Should I put all settings down to min to avoid damage? Music plays fine, just no bass.

Last edited by 5.0nly; 02-15-2019 at 12:26 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:50 AM

It should say 3x25 right above where the fuses go. So you need three 25a fuses.

The subwoofer speaker wire is the two to the right of the where the fuses should be and to the left of the black single telephone looking wire. I say to unplug them from the amplifier because if something is wrong with the amplifier you do not want a distorted signal to go to the subs. The amp may automatically go into protection mode, who knows why the fuses are pulled or what may be wrong with it. If the amp starts up fine, turn it back off and hook up the subs and turn the system on at low volume. My concern is that something may be wrong with the amplifier so that is why all the fuses were pulled.

You should pull one of the subs out and read what it says on the back of the magnet to check how many ohms it is. They should say DVC 4ohm. If they just say 4ohm, then that amplifier may be bridged to a mono 2ohm load.... which is bad as it can only handle 4ohm.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:09 PM

Bought new 25A fuses and tried plugging them into the amplifier and I could not get them in without smoke and electricity everywhere. Could this mean the amp is fried?
Old 02-15-2019, 04:57 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

sounds like it, and the likely reason they were pulled.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by nineball
sounds like it, and the likely reason they were pulled.
I tried for the second time and there was barely any static. Subwoofers worked for half a second. I noticed a red light with ‘protection’ written underneath.

Any ideas?

Trending Topics

Old 02-16-2019, 01:33 AM

Unplug the subwoofers and try to turn it on. If it still goes into protection, then the amplifier is probably smoked.... I am guessing that it was wired mono to the wrong load.

... yikes!

Simple fix will be to get a class D mono amplifier. As long as the subwoofers aren't shorted out, a mono class D can hand 2 or 1 ohm mono loads.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:53 AM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

As inexpensive as good class D power is these days, I wouldn't even waste your time. There so many excellent affordable options available. That's a very simple swap!
Old 02-20-2019, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
As inexpensive as good class D power is these days, I wouldn't even waste your time. There so many excellent affordable options available. That's a very simple swap!
Any recommendations? Can I buy an amp and swap it out myself?

Quick Reply: New truck - aftermarket sound isn't working