Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

New stereo recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New stereo recommendations

Just upgraded my stock speakers in my '11 to Polk db571's and am now looking for a new head unit. I don't know a whole lot about audio equipment. I would like for the unit to have bluetooth built in and I would like to be able to use my steering wheel controls. I know I will probably have to buy an adapter for that. I don't see myself adding a amp or a sub anytime soon. Just want something that will give me the best sound with the most options. I have sync in my truck. Don't really have to keep it if the stereo gives me all the options the sync does. Looking to spend around 250. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You are going to need a harness, a dash kit and an antena adapter, to start with. Also keeping the steering wheel controllers is a 2nd harness. Someone else on here may have a lower cost solution.
I just installed a pioneer avh 3300 bt and I didn't have SW control or sync , if you have Serius radio you will also loose it. If you don't install it yourself you may have already spent your 250.00

Scosche FDSR WIRE Harness 84.00
Metra 95-5820 Dash kit. 17.99
Antenna adaptor. 5.00

Last edited by ksillman; 12-30-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:51 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Crutchfield is where I have been purchasing my automotive audio stuff since 1974. which makes me a year 1 customer. I would suggest you get what is called a digital media receiver (DMR). They do not have an CD/DVD drive. I have a DEH6000 Pioneer in my 95 F150 and I have used the CD player in it 3 times, The first too see if it worked , the second to check and make sure it still worked, and the 3rd time I was bored so I decided to see if it worked. A DMR will control an iPod, iPhone, or other smart phones. depending on which on you get there can be powered front USB ports you can plug jump drives into. Some have slots for flash drives such as the SD cards. They have powered USB port in the back and what you can do there is plug in a nice portable 120 gig hard drive with your music on it. Here is an example that will fit on your truck. which just happens to be a Sony, this one is $279.99 and they go down in price from there. It should slide right into where the other one is now using the same wiring harness. Crutchfield supplies all of the stuff to install it. What I really like about these Sony's is what they call a TuneTray where the CD drive used to be there is a storage space where you can plug in you MP3 play and close it up inside the head unit out of sight out of mind.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158DSX310B/Sony-DSX-S310BTX.html?tp=5684&nvpair=AG_Type|ffDigital_Medi a_Receiver#customer-reviews-tab

Last edited by transmaster; 12-30-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Quick Reply: New stereo recommendations