Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Low end system

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 12:23 PM
Redeye

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Low end system

Seems to be many people on this forum that possess a lot of knowledge so I figured I'd ask some questions. If these have already been answered, please accept my apologies. I have a 2018 STX with the SYNC3 system, no sirius. Original plan was to add an OEM sub, but decide to start by amping the speakers since I have an Alpine KTP-445U recently pulled from my Mustang.

Question 1. Am I correct in thinking I can use the FOR-11CK harness in conjunction with the amp harness?

Question 2. If you are familiar with this amp, will I be able to splice into the power wire for the ACM or will I have to run a separate power cable?

I'll start there....may be more questions to follow. Thanks in advance for your attention.

Regards,
Redeye
Old 02-02-2019, 01:08 PM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

1. You will need to run new power wires for your sub amp. The stock acm wiring can hardly support the alpine amp as it is.
2. You can use the for-11ck harness in conjunction as long the plugs are the same.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:28 PM
Redeye

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the prompt reply. Plan was to install the KTP-445U and, shortly after, upgrade the front and rear speakers. The sub may or may not come later (according to how it sounds) and I figured I'd have to run separate power for it. Just confirming however, from your response, tapping into the ACM power will suffice for the KTP-445U?
Old 02-02-2019, 07:52 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

if it were me i would not amp the stock speakers. i would wait until you have your new speakers and do everything in one weekend. the stock speakers can't handle the power of an amp, even a modest one like the alpine.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:58 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

If you keep the gains low you can amp the stock speakers and get better response from them. Just don't get too crazy or you'll blow them. There are many people that have supplied a little more power to stock speakers and loved the results. Give it a try.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:10 PM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by HushCarAudio
If you keep the gains low you can amp the stock speakers and get better response from them. Just don't get too crazy or you'll blow them. There are many people that have supplied a little more power to stock speakers and loved the results. Give it a try.
Yeah, very common initial upgrade. Just be easy with them.

Quick Reply: Low end system