Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

KnowledgeFest in Long Beach

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 02:29 AM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts
Default KnowledgeFest in Long Beach

So I was invited to this event in a couple of weeks and wanted to get some feedback from the group. I'll be meeting up with nearly all the audio manufacturers out there and allowed to pick their brains. Is there any questions that you guys would like me to figure out while there? If so, please list the brand, question, and any details that you wish to know. I'll do my best to get answers for you time permitting.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:14 AM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by HushCarAudio
So I was invited to this event in a couple of weeks and wanted to get some feedback from the group. I'll be meeting up with nearly all the audio manufacturers out there and allowed to pick their brains. Is there any questions that you guys would like me to figure out while there? If so, please list the brand, question, and any details that you wish to know. I'll do my best to get answers for you time permitting.
You are going to learn so so so much! I am jealous!!!

I do have a question that I would like more information on:

I know center channel processing/ multi occupant tuning is slowly becoming available. Is there an ETA on AudioFrogs new processor and the Helix dsp pro MK3?
Old 02-12-2019, 09:49 AM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
I know center channel processing/ multi occupant tuning is slowly becoming available. Is there an ETA on AudioFrogs new processor and the Helix dsp pro MK3?
check in with Andy Wehmeyer (from AF, formerly Harmon Kardon) on diyma and he should be able to give you the latest info on their processor. he is a great guy whom i met years ago when the ms-8 first came out and i was doing contract work for them for SEMA. very knowledgeable and super nice guy.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:06 AM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by nineball
check in with Andy Wehmeyer (from AF, formerly Harmon Kardon) on diyma and he should be able to give you the latest info on their processor. he is a great guy whom i met years ago when the ms-8 first came out and i was doing contract work for them for SEMA. very knowledgeable and super nice guy.
I've talked to Andy before. The question was more towards what the timeline of the marketplace looks like. I also thought it would just be a fun question/conversation for Bruce to have at KnowledgeFest. That's what his original post was about.

Last edited by dhmcfadin; 02-12-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:45 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

just trying to help you get the info sooner rather than a few weeks from now by going directly to the source.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:08 PM
Papermaker24

Received 347 Likes on 272 Posts

Silicone FAST rings.......

New rockford powered subs for SCREW under seat please....
Old 02-24-2019, 11:55 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Knowledgefest was a great event this weekend. I learned a lot and am looking forward to so many new developments in the industry. I've tried uploading photos but for some reason the forum is blocking how many I can post. I'll try posting them bit by bit. So to answer some questions, Helix and Audio Frog are both coming out with DSP that allow for processing the center channel. This means that both the driver and passenger will have equal sound. The release date is unknown. The Access kit for the B&O system is coming out soon and only being delayed by Apple for the software side of things. The new unit will come with a DSP and will be significantly cheaper than the NavTV unit. With fingers crossed it will be released within the next month or two. The new Rockford Fosgate sub enclosures were out on display but not powered so I couldn't hear how they sounded. They look like it will fit under our back seats and should be pretty decent. JVC came out with an under the driver/passenger seat option using a flat 8" amplified enclosure and it completely shocked me with the output in such a small footprint. The price on them will be around $300-350. It should be perfect for those who do not want window shaking bass but a full all around sound improvement over stock. There was no information out regarding the silicone FAST rings so nothing to report there. I got to check out a ton of smaller not well known brands and I tell you technology has come a very long way. All the brands representing sounded so awesome. Ask questions if you have any and I'll try to answer as best as possible. I'll also try to figure out another way of posting more images on the forum.

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:04 AM
F150 Jr Vendor

The easiest way for me to show photos was by starting a Shutterfly account so check out the images here: https://qq0u.app.link/e/z4JLYxcrAU

Old 02-25-2019, 12:06 AM
'19 Lariat 3.5

Received 344 Likes on 217 Posts

I do like that their harness includes leads to the aftermarket amp. Glad I waited on ordering a ZEN A2B
Old 02-25-2019, 12:15 AM
F150 Jr Vendor

You'll also like their price point as well ha ha. The unit is ready but not available yet. It works for Android but not Apple since they are still waiting on approval of their software. Once Apple approves the software they will release the unit to the public.

Quick Reply: KnowledgeFest in Long Beach