Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Installed Amp - No Center Speaker Sound

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 04:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Installed Amp - No Center Speaker Sound

I tried researching this issue but couldn't find an answer. I also posted this problem in another area but got no response so hopefully this is a more appropriate forum to find an solution:

Set up:
Head unit: Stock, non-Sony
Door speakers: Polk DXi (6x9 front, 6.5 rear)
Center speaker: Kicker CS 3.5
Amplifier: Alpine KTP-445U
Harness: Modified Parrot

Problem:
Just installed the amp using the helpful tips from here and it works great except that now I have no sound coming out of the center speaker. I did the speaker upgrade prior to the amp install but it didn't occur to me to verify that the center speaker was working at that time. I just assumed that it did.

Any thoughts or tips on troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:52 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by MattS
I tried researching this issue but couldn't find an answer. I also posted this problem in another area but got no response so hopefully this is a more appropriate forum to find an solution:

Set up:
Head unit: Stock, non-Sony
Door speakers: Polk DXi (6x9 front, 6.5 rear)
Center speaker: Kicker CS 3.5
Amplifier: Alpine KTP-445U
Harness: Modified Parrot

Problem:
Just installed the amp using the helpful tips from here and it works great except that now I have no sound coming out of the center speaker. I did the speaker upgrade prior to the amp install but it didn't occur to me to verify that the center speaker was working at that time. I just assumed that it did.

Any thoughts or tips on troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated.
The center speaker is just a combination of the left and right front. Leave it off.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Given it's a combination of the left and right speakers, shouldn't it still be working? The door speakers are completely functional (volume, balance, fade, etc.) so I assume that the center should have something coming out of it.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:15 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I purposely disconnected mine. Imaging was much improved with it off....
Old 11-03-2016, 04:15 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by MattS
Given it's a combination of the left and right speakers, shouldn't it still be working? The door speakers are completely functional (volume, balance, fade, etc.) so I assume that the center should have something coming out of it.
Depends if there was a connection in the factory harness that did not get connected when you added the amp.