Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

F250 Aftermarket radio accessory timeout problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 11:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default F250 Aftermarket radio accessory timeout problem

Hey all,
Tried to search but didn't find anything. Installed my trusty 80PRS using the PAC dash kit last night. Everything works except the accessory power when not running. When the key is in the accessory position (not "on") the radio turns on for 10 seconds then shuts down. Then when I take the key out the radio comes back on for 10 seconds, then shuts back down. Very weird. It does stay on when the key is in the ON position of course.
I have found a TSB related to the powerpoint timeout ( SSM 46497 ). It sounds like it's a BCM reflash of some kind. The problem is I don't know if the power points are tied to the same accessory wire as the radio? I know having the TSB done will fix the powerpoint timeout issue, but unsure if it'll fix the radio as well.

thoughts?
Old 04-18-2018, 03:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by e.hahn
Hey all,
Tried to search but didn't find anything. Installed my trusty 80PRS using the PAC dash kit last night. Everything works except the accessory power when not running. When the key is in the accessory position (not "on") the radio turns on for 10 seconds then shuts down. Then when I take the key out the radio comes back on for 10 seconds, then shuts back down. Very weird. It does stay on when the key is in the ON position of course.
I have found a TSB related to the powerpoint timeout ( SSM 46497 ). It sounds like it's a BCM reflash of some kind. The problem is I don't know if the power points are tied to the same accessory wire as the radio? I know having the TSB done will fix the powerpoint timeout issue, but unsure if it'll fix the radio as well.

thoughts?
Nevermind. I called PAC tech help. Apparently it's a "feature" of the PAC control module. They are aware of this issue and advised me to keep an eye out for a firmware update coming soon. I'll keep this post up for posterity.

Quick Reply: F250 Aftermarket radio accessory timeout problem