Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Ford Accessory Kicker Sub

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 07:11 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Ford Accessory Kicker Sub

Hi-
I purchased the Kicker Sub upgrade that is the plug in play one and I installed it and hooked up over the weekend along with programming both settings in the ACM to turn it on and it is not working. Im getting power to the Sub but no sound coming out of it. I suspect my truck stereo system dosent support the amp and Ford didint say so.

I have an XLT with the Base 300A package.

Any suggestions?

Thanks-
Old 04-15-2018, 08:46 AM

Alright did some probing with a volt meter.....have power to power and ground power wires. Signal wire has power, but nothing going to the Line+ and Line - wires.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:14 PM

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

does your ACM have SirriusXM radio? I believe only the "upgraded" radios will output to the sub. Either way unless you got a really good deal you're much better off buying the Kicker Hideway Sub and tapping the front speaker wires for signal.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by GP-SE
does your ACM have SirriusXM radio? I believe only the "upgraded" radios will output to the sub. Either way unless you got a really good deal you're much better off buying the Kicker Hideway Sub and tapping the front speaker wires for signal.
Nope just have the base, non-touchscreen radio. I figured out it wouldn't work and uninstalled it....hopefully Banner Ford will take it back as they did advertise it for ALL XL & XLT F150s 2015-2018. And it really is no use to me if it dosent work. I paid for plug & play but im gonna go the hideaway route if I have to custom wire. Signal wire and power wires are good on the connector. But have to get line in and Line out from the door speakers.

Where do you pickup the front speaker wire and how did you route it?
Old 04-17-2018, 12:42 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by asdaven
Nope just have the base, non-touchscreen radio. I figured out it wouldn't work and uninstalled it....hopefully Banner Ford will take it back as they did advertise it for ALL XL & XLT F150s 2015-2018. And it really is no use to me if it dosent work. I paid for plug & play but im gonna go the hideaway route if I have to custom wire. Signal wire and power wires are good on the connector. But have to get line in and Line out from the door speakers.

Where do you pickup the front speaker wire and how did you route it?
Are you looking to sell it?
Old 04-17-2018, 12:52 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

I ran the lines from the back of the head unit. Getting access to it is fairly easy. I then routed the lines along the driver side area to the back. If using a high-level connection this will be fine using regular speaker wires. If using the forscan for low levels I'd suggest using these:
Amazon Amazon
And then run RCA lines to the amp. I don't know anything about the Kicker Hideaway Sub but assuming it has an amp. Not sure if it takes low or high-level inputs.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:42 PM

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

I have the entire kicker system. In my kit I basically ran the sub connectors up the passenger side, under the front and into the system. The grounds were dropped off in the kick panel. My kit also came with the separate amp for the speakers, that was done under the driver side next to the box. The entire system was a plug n play style. So no spicing. Though when I purchased, the vendor matched up my vin with the kit to make sure the correct one was shipped.

Quick Reply: Ford Accessory Kicker Sub