Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2016 Lariat w Sony removal- Full Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 08:58 AM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Default 2016 Lariat w Sony removal- Full Build

I FINALLY have a weekend free to myself and this is how I am spending it!

More pictures to follow!!

Here’s what I’m installing:
Morel MPS 1.550
Morel MPS 4.400
Rockford Fosgate DSR1 with 360.3 digital sound processor and EQ
Maestro F02 T Harness
Morel Tempo Ultra 6.5 in components for front stage
Morel Tempo Ultra Integra 6.5 in coaxiales for the rear stage
2 JL 8w3 V3’s in a JL Ported Box
1 gauge OFC wire to distribution blocks on amp rack
4 gauge OFC wire from distribution blocks to amps
2 Installgear 0/2/4 Distribution blocks
Wire ferrules for all power and speaker connections
All other connections soldered
Crutchfield Reference RCA’s
Bussmann 100 Amp type III Circuit Breaker
Tesa Tape for Pre-looming
Everything loomed in techflex
Custom logo heatshrink by FlexR LLC- highly recommend them if you want a custom touch
Custom 3D printed tweeter brackets by @Spincycle76- he was super fast. Very nice guy!
Metra 82-5607 speaker rings for front doors
Metra 82-5605 speaker rings for rear doors
Silence everything with 36 sqft of Noico Black 80 mil sound deadening
Amps, dsp, and crossovers mounted to 1/4” abs sheet
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Lariat w Sony removal- Full Build-photo493.jpg  
The following 3 users liked this post by dhmcfadin:
Jason Bourgeois (06-25-2019), tibis3383 (10-30-2017), white_dc (12-01-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 07:26 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Following
Old 10-29-2017, 10:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just completed a similar build. Have had a few weird issues with the DSR1, would be in interested to see if you experience the same.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by firecaptain
Just completed a similar build. Have had a few weird issues with the DSR1, would be in interested to see if you experience the same.
I got everything finished up this afternoon. I’ll post pictures soon.

What issues have you found? One thing I absolutely have to fix is the chime volume. It is unbearably loud! Any ideas to get it down? My gain on my amps are low right now and chimes are still crazy loud. The beep from the touch screen is even louder than the chimes. It’s crazy.

Last edited by dhmcfadin; 10-29-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

Have you adjusted the system volume of Sync? You can do it with the volume **** before the voice prompt stops or can give it a voice command to do it. It is independent of the Nav Volume and phone volume.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:32 AM

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

How's it going so far with the new system? I have plans in the future to upgrade my sony nav system with similar components to yours but one sub instead of two. Really want it to fit where the stock one is.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rey L.
How's it going so far with the new system? I have plans in the future to upgrade my sony nav system with similar components to yours but one sub instead of two. Really want it to fit where the stock one is.
Everything has been playing beautifully, the morel mids and highs truly sound incredible. Blows Focal out of the water for the price. But, after listening for the last couple weeks, I decided I wanted something louder so I’m changing out the amps to an AudioControl LC-6.1200 and an AudioControl LC-1.800. I’ll be going from 70 Watts a channel to 125 Watts on the mids and highs. I have also returned the JL subs and will be building a new sealed box for 3 Skar Audio VD-10’s 4 ohm wired at 1.3 ohms. Generally AudioControls sub amp are stable at 1 ohm but the LC-1.800 is a new amp so I cant confirm. I’ll be calling AudioControl on Monday. At 1.3 ohm it should be close to 900-1000 Watts. Lastly, I upgraded to a 6 channel because the DSR1 supports center channel processing. But I will be putting a full size speaker in the dash in place of the factory 3.5. The goal is to bring the sound stage up a bit higher, it will also allow me to tune the system less “directional” meaning that I can tune for the system to sound good in any seat. I don’t have all the equipment yet, some is back ordered. I’ll be doing an actual build log when I have everything.
The following users liked this post:
Rey L. (11-27-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 07:06 AM

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
Everything has been playing beautifully, the morel mids and highs truly sound incredible. Blows Focal out of the water for the price. But, after listening for the last couple weeks, I decided I wanted something louder so I’m changing out the amps to an AudioControl LC-6.1200 and an AudioControl LC-1.800. I’ll be going from 70 Watts a channel to 125 Watts on the mids and highs. I have also returned the JL subs and will be building a new sealed box for 3 Skar Audio VD-10’s 4 ohm wired at 1.3 ohms. Generally AudioControls sub amp are stable at 1 ohm but the LC-1.800 is a new amp so I cant confirm. I’ll be calling AudioControl on Monday. At 1.3 ohm it should be close to 900-1000 Watts. Lastly, I upgraded to a 6 channel because the DSR1 supports center channel processing. But I will be putting a full size speaker in the dash in place of the factory 3.5. The goal is to bring the sound stage up a bit higher, it will also allow me to tune the system less “directional” meaning that I can tune for the system to sound good in any seat. I don’t have all the equipment yet, some is back ordered. I’ll be doing an actual build log when I have everything.
Thank you for the reply.
I may duplicate what you're doing except for the sub. I'd like a sub pretty much the size of what's in there now that performs way better.
I like the head unit but that sony amp sure kills it.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White noise issues

I recently upgraded my stereo using DD amps and speakers the audio shop used in AMP processor and had to leave the factory amp (Sony). My issue is I have white noise coming from my speakers I have checked grounds all are good the audio shop thinks it might be the AMP processor. Was wondering if you had any issues with white noise or solution on removing the factory amp.
Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
I FINALLY have a weekend free to myself and this is how I am spending it!

More pictures to follow!!

Here s what I m installing:
Morel MPS 1.550
Morel MPS 4.400
Rockford Fosgate DSR1 with 360.3 digital sound processor and EQ
Maestro F02 T Harness
Morel Tempo Ultra 6.5 in components for front stage
Morel Tempo Ultra Integra 6.5 in coaxiales for the rear stage
2 JL 8w3 V3 s in a JL Ported Box
1 gauge OFC wire to distribution blocks on amp rack
4 gauge OFC wire from distribution blocks to amps
2 Installgear 0/2/4 Distribution blocks
Wire ferrules for all power and speaker connections
All other connections soldered
Crutchfield Reference RCA s
Bussmann 100 Amp type III Circuit Breaker
Tesa Tape for Pre-looming
Everything loomed in techflex
Custom logo heatshrink by FlexR LLC- highly recommend them if you want a custom touch
Custom 3D printed tweeter brackets by @Spincycle76- he was super fast. Very nice guy!
Metra 82-5607 speaker rings for front doors
Metra 82-5605 speaker rings for rear doors
Silence everything with 36 sqft of Noico Black 80 mil sound deadening
Amps, dsp, and crossovers mounted to 1/4 abs sheet
Old 06-22-2019, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys, did i miss something! how did the finish build go? i picked up a 16 lariat and love the setup. picked up the dsr1 and have some old school amps in the closet im going to throw in there. these sundown 6.5's seem to making some noise on the net or maybe the DD's.
Did you end up fixing the chime noise?
how did you adjust that?