Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2015 front speaker help

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 06:17 PM

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts
Default 2015 front speaker help

Hello all, looking for some insight on speakers for my 15 xlt. I'm looking to upgrade what I have , I have alpine spr60 coaxials ordered for the rear but I'm confused a bit on the front , I literally know almost nothing about speakers so bear with me. I'm reading that they are component speakers up front with tweeters up in the a pillar. Does this mean I have to buy component speakers and also swap out the tweeters ? Or if I buy coaxials what do I do with the tweeters that are already in place in the a pillars? Some guidance would be much appreciated ! Thanks
Old 06-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

All depends on your budget. You can go with coax in all doors and leave the tweeters. What I did at first. Eventually replaced front coax with components.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sure! Go ahead with coax.

You can replace your factory Front door speakers with coaxial speakers that fit without any modification. It will sound 10 times better than factory. Don't worry about the Twitter.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What comes next?

if you do decide to replace your front speakers with new 2-way component speakers, you will also want to power them with an amp. You also will want to run new wire from the amp to the speakers. And getting new wires from the cabinet into the door is a real pain.Now that you got that done you got a really nice speaker and amp set up for your doors but it is being fed by a piece of crap head unit that shaped the sound to maximize the efficiency of fords oem speakers. Time for a new deck. Oh! and of course you'll need another amp to push that sub you stuffed under the rear seat. Sound deaden the doors floor rear wall and roof and your all set.
See what I did there? LOL
Old 06-11-2017, 06:23 PM

Received 79 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by kenny908
if you do decide to replace your front speakers with new 2-way component speakers, you will also want to power them with an amp. You also will want to run new wire from the amp to the speakers. And getting new wires from the cabinet into the door is a real pain.Now that you got that done you got a really nice speaker and amp set up for your doors but it is being fed by a piece of crap head unit that shaped the sound to maximize the efficiency of fords oem speakers. Time for a new deck. Oh! and of course you'll need another amp to push that sub you stuffed under the rear seat. Sound deaden the doors floor rear wall and roof and your all set.
See what I did there? LOL
Don't necessarily need to a new head unit. Can always use a DSP, such as Mosconi, Helix, Rf3Sixty, etc.

Quick Reply: 2015 front speaker help