Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Experience/Opinions on Morel Components

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 09:59 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Experience/Opinions on Morel Components

I realize this is a very subjective topic; but I'm wondering if anyone has experience running Morel components. I'm a pretty big fan of soft dome tweeters. When I competed, I ran Boston Pro Series back in their hey day of the 90s, and to this day have several pair of Snell Acoustic setups in my home.

Metal (alum, titanium, etc) have always sounded far too bright to be accurate.

The Morels have silk domes, high power handling and most reviews I've seen are strong.

Other suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-08-2017, 01:29 AM
Iraq Lobster!

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a morel Virtus 3 way and I love it. I also liked the Bosten sets in the 90s, so I think we're on the same page as far as tweets go. I also REALLY like Focal's sound, but dislike how bright their tweets are. The overall sound is super light, accurate and airy, but the tweets need to be EQ'd down to fit my ears. Hopefully that helps you tell where I'm coming from.

My Morels hit right where I want a component set to be. They do all the things Focal sets do, but don't blast my ears with sibilance. I normally have the itch to upgrade to something new after buying something I can afford, but not now. I got into car audio in high school, in the early 2000s, and I'm finally content with my Morels.
The following users liked this post:
duxslayer (06-08-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by cody6766
I have a morel Virtus 3 way and I love it. I also liked the Bosten sets in the 90s, so I think we're on the same page as far as tweets go. I also REALLY like Focal's sound, but dislike how bright their tweets are. The overall sound is super light, accurate and airy, but the tweets need to be EQ'd down to fit my ears. Hopefully that helps you tell where I'm coming from.

My Morels hit right where I want a component set to be. They do all the things Focal sets do, but don't blast my ears with sibilance. I normally have the itch to upgrade to something new after buying something I can afford, but not now. I got into car audio in high school, in the early 2000s, and I'm finally content with my Morels.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 06-09-2017, 07:59 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

i liked my morels that i ran a few years ago. would probably still be running them if i hadn't heard a set of dyn esotars. after that it was all over for me and they are the only speakers i will run now.
duxslayer (06-09-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 11:33 AM

Received 79 Likes on 47 Posts

I just bought a set of Morel Tempo Ultra's after reading a glowing review on them. I plan on having them installed in the next couple of weeks. I'll report back if interested
duxslayer (06-14-2017)
Old 06-17-2017, 06:00 PM
Iraq Lobster!

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Update on mine...I finally deadened my front doors, and what a difference it makes. This isn't my first install with deadened doors, so I had an idea of what I was missing, but it is my first with these speakers in the doors. I am underpowering them, so they could have more midbass authority, but it's still plenty for what I'm after. They are high passed at 80hz and they blend wonderfully with my sub. I could stand to have a bit more thump, but I think that's a symptom of power and using a bluetooth/mp3 source. They do all that I want from a musical level.

...also my truck is quieter. Everyone should spring for some deadener and closed cell foam. It just makes the drive better. Next up, the rear doors and maybe the floor.
duxslayer (06-18-2017)
Old 06-17-2017, 06:45 PM

Received 79 Likes on 47 Posts

I had my morels installed and got the truck back. The mids are pretty solid, i have no complaints with mine. Super happy with my system and what I got everything for.
duxslayer (06-18-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 08:57 AM

Appreciate all the help folks. Was able to travel to the Morel dealer so I went and auditioned Morel Virtus 602s and the Focal Flax PS165FX - both really nice sounding sets. Given my historical preference for soft domes, I was really surprised that I preferred the Focals - so went with them. We'll see how I like them in the long run.