Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2011-12 Raising rear seats for bigger box

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011-12 Raising rear seats for bigger box

Hey guys, Im a not so proud owner of a 2008 GMC Sierra SLE2 Crew Cab. I love the truck, hate the 5.3l Flex Fuel engine. You get the power at 4k rpm. It has to downshift to maintain speed going up hill. Its sluggish and is just flat out a dog unless you go WOT.

So I drove a friends 2012 5.0 F-150 4WD and loved it. Didnt matter how much or less I pressed on the gas, the power was just there.

My truck is one sharp truck. I bought it because Im a GM fan and I loved how it looked. I painted the front and rear chrome bumper black to match aswell as the chrome grill trim, slapped it with a custom grill and black tail pipes. Its fully loaded.

So, anyway, Im looking into purchasing a 2011-12 F-150. Looking into the Ecoboost although the 5.0 puts up similar numbers, but I believe the 5.0 has more upgradability. The NA engine can have a twin turbo added and then would smoke the already TT Ecoboost.

So what Im getting at, is I raised my rear seats 3" in my Sierra to fit a bigger box to house FOUR Sundown Audio SA-8 V.2 Stock SPL 8" subs. These things are beast and can take 1kwrms a piece. Its in a 3 cuft box. They need .5 to .75 cu ft of airspace ported, so I have a 3 cuft ported box tuned to 30hz with 2 1800wrms amps.

From the pictures, it looks like the CC F-150's dont have as much room underneath the seats. Is this true? If so, do I have the ability to raise the rear seats like I did with my Sierra?

If anyone has any questions about doing a seat lift, I have all of the information on the parts, where to buy from, sizes, etc... Its made out of T6-6061 Aluminum

Here are some pics

Before and After Pictures of my truck

The Subs

My Box
Old 06-26-2012, 02:34 AM

Seat Lift Brackets - Its actually alot more comfortable to sit in the back seat now. More leg room. Imagine sitting in a computer or desk chair that raises up and down. Imagine with it all the way down and how you have to stretch your legs out. Then imagine raising it up. Legs are now straight up and down with plenty of leg room

Old 06-26-2012, 02:37 AM

Since I am a new member, if anyone is interested in a brand new high quality car audio battery, I'm selling mine. Another complaint of my NNBS Sierra/Silverado. They have an odd size Group battery size. Not many Group 34 batteries out there. This battery isnt large at all, its just too tall. I can only fit a very short 6 1/2" battery in my stock location.

Its a Kinetic HC16V. Its a 16 volt battery, but can operate as a 12 volt battery because it has a 16v battery post and a 12 volt battery post. Anyone who knows about AGM or car audio batteries knows that Kinetic is a top of the line battery..

Incase you were wondering about the different screen names, I am selling the battery on other websites.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:39 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

You should post this in the for sale section
Old 06-26-2012, 10:01 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes you can raise the rear seats with this kit.

http://www.lmiwelding.com/kits_supercab.htm
Old 06-28-2012, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
You should post this in the for sale section
Can't unless I have 60 post or have been here for so many days. I tried. Just figured I'd post
Old 06-28-2012, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by NorthernYankee
Yes you can raise the rear seats with this kit.

http://www.lmiwelding.com/kits_supercab.htm
Thanks!!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:19 AM

Doesnt look like there is much room there to put a box even with the 2 1/2 seat raise.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:17 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah i know what you mean, i just ordered my lift and am going to try and fit a JL 12w6v2 under there. If that doesnt fit i will probably just do an Alpine Type-R shallow.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by NorthernYankee
Yeah i know what you mean, i just ordered my lift and am going to try and fit a JL 12w6v2 under there. If that doesnt fit i will probably just do an Alpine Type-R shallow.
I was thinking of running the Type R Shallows, but for the price, quality and performance, I went with four Sundown Audio SA-8 V.2's @ $185 shipped. I heard 2 of these in a ported box tuned to 32hz against two Type R 12's (not shallow) with a similar setup. One was in an extended cab Silverado and one was in a crew cab F-150 and the 2 SA-8 V.2's landed a 134.8 and the Type R's landed a 131.0. Both were being fed off a Sundown Audio SAZ 2000.

I would definietly look into running 2-3 SA-8 V.2's. If you aren't familiar with them, do some research. These 8's are the best 8's out on the market. Jacob, owner and creater of Sundown put one of his SPL versions in a box and did a 151.x. I think I read somewhere he broke 152. Thats off of ONE SA-8 off of a Sundown Audio SAZ-4500 doing a 3 second burp. These subs are amazing. They get freakishly low. He makes 3 versions of the SA-8 V.2's. You have the regular SA-8 V.2's, SA-8 V.2 Stock SPL(Ones I have that I will be running 1kwrms to) and the SA-8 V.2 SPL for competitions. You can Youtube video's of these putting up numbers.

But aside from numbers, like I said, these subs are simply amazing. Requires only .5-.75 cuft of airspace and love a lower tuning. They dive down low with authority, have great upper range if you get the Stock SPL versions, can take massive amount of power, very musical, and sound fantastic. I have have been to a few shows with people running these and got to listen to them and I was purely sold. My 2 favorite subs that I have ran were the RE Audio SE 12's and the Alpine Type R's (Non Shallow Mount)

If you can fit 2 cu ft of airspace, you can definitely get 3-4 of these in there no problem. I have mine in a 3 cu ft box tuned to 31hz. Thats .75 cu ft each so I hit the max of volume. If you go with .5 cu ft per sub, you can fit four if you can get 2 cu ft of airspace.

Check them out. I would put money on it you would be much happier with 3 or 4 of the SA-8 V.2's against any Shallow Mount sub out there. If you dont, I'll buy them back from you

Quick Reply: 2011-12 Raising rear seats for bigger box