Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Placed my order

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Placed my order

Hi All,
I have been having fun reading your forum and and absorbing your thoughts. I have just placed my order for my first ever;
Ford
V8
American Car
Pick-up
many firsts..
Slightly unusual circumstance as I have had to rely on forums and reviews and limited choices as I am not currently in the country. I am coming over to the USA from the UK to work and as an expat and there are limited number of companies that are able to help out in the first few months.

Anyway, to go for the full American experience I have ordered a 2014 F-150 Super Cab 4WD STX V8 5.0. (The smart money is probably on the EB but I just could not help myself, I have always wanted an american v8).

I decided to go for the 2014 as even though the visa process is taking a long time i doubt i would of got a 2015 model this side of Christmas.

Went for the pick-up as I guess it is the ultimate multi-use vehicle. From helping us move apartment to taking us off exploring the mountains.

If anyone is interested and all things go well we are hoping to be in Maryland in 6-8weeks.

Old 08-03-2014, 03:23 PM

Received 159 Likes on 145 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new ride.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jus Jim
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new ride.

Thanks Jim, i cannot wait.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:04 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, congrats for sure. I clicked here because my intro was much the same as yours. First US truck, v8 etc, in fact I just got the same as you did but black and sport package which maybe you did as well. Had import trucks all my life until now and I am loving the Ford. V8 power!!!

You ordered it? Does that mean you have one waiting for you on a lot that had the exact one you wanted or did you actually special order one before the 15's come out?
Old 08-04-2014, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by fueler11
Yes, congrats for sure. I clicked here because my intro was much the same as yours. First US truck, v8 etc, in fact I just got the same as you did but black and sport package which maybe you did as well. Had import trucks all my life until now and I am loving the Ford. V8 power!!!

You ordered it? Does that mean you have one waiting for you on a lot that had the exact one you wanted or did you actually special order one before the 15's come out?
Hi Fueler, yeah cannot wait for that V8. Had my fair share Jap imports, and i am going to miss my Kawasaki motorbike but i think v8 Ford power will make up for a lot.

Had to special order a 2014 as the build time on the 2015's are still to far out, so it should be ready within a couple of week of being over there. I have gone for racing red (Wifes choice), only thing i would wish for is a built in satnav(not an option on the STX).

They look really mean in black, good choice!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:15 AM

Received 83 Likes on 78 Posts

Congrats & welcome to the forum & the U.S.!
You'll love the V8.
Get a Harley to take up for the Kawi. Another American V you'll love.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by tiresmoke
Congrats & welcome to the forum & the U.S.!
You'll love the V8.
Get a Harley to take up for the Kawi. Another American V you'll love.
Thank you!
That is definitely on my USA bucket list. I do love a big V-twin rumble.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:15 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F150 forum! Great to have you join!
Old 08-04-2014, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Franchi Motorsports
Welcome to the F150 forum! Great to have you join!
Very kind. Thank you.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:47 PM

Finally(a lot longer than expected).. Collected her today! She is the not the latest or the greatest, but she is my F150 and the sound of that V8 when you push the noise peddle is amazing.

I have moved to Maryland from England(for the next three years) and it has been a lot of work, but today I am celebrating with a cigar on the balcony overlooking my new F150 and feel I have now done all the hard stuff and get to enjoy the American adventure.

I have been driving a Chevy Taho rental for the last 6 weeks while i have been getting all my paperwork together(Taking a US driving test in one of those things was fun!) and although it had all the bells and whistles the driving experience was so vague and uninspiring I feared i had made a mistake ordering big vehicle. I was so glad to find out how wrong I was. The F150 even unloaded feels tight and the steering gives good feedback and the engine feels well tuned with the auto gearbox.

Lots still to learn about the vehicle but looking forward to it getting me through the winter and taking us off exploring and camping in the new year.

Happy Holidays all.

Quick Reply: Placed my order