Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Howdy all..........

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 04:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Howdy all..........

Hi there;
I just picked up a dark mineral grey '07 Roush stage 2 F-150 on thursday. So far it seems to be a nice truck. It is my christmas/divorce/mid-life crisis present to my self. hehehe.
I think I might put a CAI in it at some point, but for now I think I'll get a K&N drop-in for it. I am also thinking about a programmer for it. It feels as if it has not been re-calibrated for the 22's that are on it, and also the shift points need to be adjusted. It hunts in and out of O/D on the freeway a little too much.
A little about me; I am not in the military, but I am in military law-enforcement. I work a lot!! I am probably one of the hardest working, by-the-book, structured people you will ever know. Time is precious to me, so don't try to waste any of it.
I like to be different. While everyone else was buying hondas, toyotas and geo's for commute cars, I bought an '04 Mustang GT for a commute car, put 275's and 315's on it and put 120,000 miles on it in 3 1/2 years. I shave my head bald and I smoke a pipe like your grandpa did.
So lets analyze this a bit, shall we? I drive a gas-guzzling truck and I drive it a lot, and don't really give a c**p what a bunch of tree-huggers think about that. I live my life the way I want to live it, and to heck with anyone who does not like that. If you don't like someone riding your butt in the fast lane; either speed the heck up or get the heck uot of the way, slowpoke!! So there!!!!
I missed my calling, I should have been either a stand-up comedian or something.
George
Old 12-08-2007, 08:58 AM

Received 211 Likes on 191 Posts

Welcome to the site! Keep us posted on any mods you make.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Morning George,

well we must have come from the same gene pool!

I don't shave my head, but I do keep my hair trimmed close to my head. I put on the #1 guard and do my own barbering. I am too cheap to pay someone to do that for me. Also, since I am thining anyways, it doesn't seem quite as noticable.

I know what you mean about folks "driving" in the passing lane. I will pass you in the right hand lane if The Mrs is with me. If not, your **** is going to have a large grill stamped to it. I have my insurance all paid up and haven't put a claim in, ever. Do you really want to be the first one that I run over? I as likely to keep my foot on the throttle while you have your foot planted on the brake to "teach me a lesson about tail-gating". Not something wize for you to do with me behind you. You are quite likely to find yourself doing the PIT manouver while this 6 thousand pound truck rolls right over ya.

It isn't people that **** me off, it's individuals. What can you do?

A word to the tree huggers. To heat the average house, or cool it off in the summer, creates the same polution as 3 average automobiles.

I have been known to smoke cigars in the past while sipping on one of the variety of wines that I ferment on my own. Now, I don't smoke any longer, but I still like my home made wine.

Mitch
Old 12-09-2007, 01:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks a lot for the welcome, folks. Mitch, I am not really into wines, but I did just purchase a beer brewing kit. I thought I would try to brew up some tasty, seriously high alcohol content beers. I like to come home on the days off and sit out on the porch with a good pipe and a nice little drinky and watch the nieghbors do thier "hunny-do's".
Old 12-09-2007, 07:21 AM

Hi George,

I've made a few ounces of beer over the years.

One batch comes to mind... the recipie called for 5 cups of sugar. So I thought, well if 5 cups makes about 5%, then 5 pounds should make alot more!

I did! So much so, that 6 beers later and you were sleeping becuase there was sooooo much booze in the beer. I got so drunk on it, my 1st ex popped the corks off the remainder of the batch and poured it down the sink while I was sleeping it off.

I got my 1st mod to the truck. I got a back up camera on her now. My Mrs isn't very tall and she has a bit of a time backing up...

Mitch
Old 12-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to the boards PC. You sound like a man that I would get along with very well, we share many of the same beliefs, could be because while not miltary law enforcement, I have been active duty military for 21.5 years now.

You can take your truck to the dealership and they can calibrate your speedo and adjust your shift points for a small fee (dealership was going to charge me $80). A tuner will also do the same thing as you have said you're thinking about. May I suggest the Xcal II, III or the Livewire with Troyer custom tuning. The differences are the Xcal II holds 3 custom tunes, while the Xcal III holds 3 custom tunes as well as 3 canned tunes (no Idea why you'd run a canned tune if you ahgve custom tuning). The Livewire also holds 3 canned and 3 custom tunes, but you can also leave it plugged in to monitor various settings in your truck, much like the Edge tuner.

Also for a CIA I would highly suggest an Air Force 1, makes huge difference in throttle response.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Driver carries no money.

WELCOME TO THE SHOW!!

I agree with you 100%!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:21 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site!

Quick Reply: Howdy all..........