Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Houston, TX checking in.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:12 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Houston, TX checking in.

Hey guys! From Houston, TX. Just got into a 2019 XLT Screw. Magma Red. Came from the Mustang world! Slowly but surely making my way through the forums finding new things that I can do to my new truck.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:33 AM

Received 1,317 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Welcome to the forum, great to have you join.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

Howdy and welcome aboard from Pasadena! Got any modifications planned for the truck?
Old 06-12-2019, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by tareed94
Howdy and welcome aboard from Pasadena! Got any modifications planned for the truck?
Ha! I’m from Pasadena as well! As for mods, plenty. Started off with a cluster upgrade, already picked out my wheels and tires, going in for a level on Saturday. Tint was done the same day I picked it up. Bed cover, trying to decide what to do with the headlights upfront.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:17 AM
Veteran, retired Navy..

Received 2,007 Likes on 1,703 Posts

Welcome..
Old 06-13-2019, 09:25 AM
Texas A&M Aggie

Originally Posted by DrugDealr
Ha! I’m from Pasadena as well! As for mods, plenty. Started off with a cluster upgrade, already picked out my wheels and tires, going in for a level on Saturday. Tint was done the same day I picked it up. Bed cover, trying to decide what to do with the headlights upfront.
Haha. What're the odds! Sounds like a good list of mods. You doing a coilover level or a spacer level?
Old 06-13-2019, 09:45 AM

Haha. What're the odds! Sounds like a good list of mods. You doing a coilover level or a spacer level?
Most than likely just a spacer level. I was looking at the rough country kit that replaces the rear shocks as well.

Any recommendations for a shop in the area?
Old 06-13-2019, 09:51 AM
Texas A&M Aggie

Most than likely just a spacer level. I was looking at the rough country kit that replaces the rear shocks as well.

Any recommendations for a shop in the area?
I went with the Rancho Quicklifts for mine, with BOSS (formerly Halo Lifts) rear shocks.

Nope, sorry. I do all my own work in driveways, and I've only been in Pasadena since October. I've had my eye on Pasadena Speed Shop if/when I get around to performance, but that's all. I wanted to lift it, but I use the bed a lot and that would be inconvenient so I haven't looked into off-road shops in the area.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:17 AM

I went with the Rancho Quicklifts for mine, with BOSS (formerly Halo Lifts) rear shocks.

Nope, sorry. I do all my own work in driveways, and I've only been in Pasadena since October. I've had my eye on Pasadena Speed Shop if/when I get around to performance, but that's all. I wanted to lift it, but I use the bed a lot and that would be inconvenient so I haven't looked into off-road shops in the area.
Ahh cool man. Yeah, mine will most than likely 99% of the time be a pavement princess, so I won’t be using it to its full utility potential other than just a small haul every blue moon or so.

Ill have ave to look into some shops around town. I had a mustang before the truck so i know couple of places, I’ll check in with them see if they can recommend a truck related shop instead.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:17 AM
Texas A&M Aggie

Ahh cool man. Yeah, mine will most than likely 99% of the time be a pavement princess, so I won’t be using it to its full utility potential other than just a small haul every blue moon or so.

Ill have ave to look into some shops around town. I had a mustang before the truck so i know couple of places, I’ll check in with them see if they can recommend a truck related shop instead.
Mine mostly is too. When I lived in Corpus it saw the beach a lot, but now its mostly commuting. I do use it pretty often for construction supplies for my remodel I'm doing.

That's probably a good idea. Pasadena Speed Shop may be able to recommend someone, or may be able to do it themselves. I figure if they can build 1,000+hp trucks, they have to be pretty good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Houston, TX checking in.