Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

4Lo reverse gear not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4Lo reverse gear not working

Hello all! New here to the Forums. Yesterday something happened that was very odd, and I need your input. Here's what I have:

2016 F-150 302a pkg 4WD SuperCab. 3.5L EcoBoost lifted 6" on 35" BFGs, with RCV iwe eliminators, and electric locking diff.

I was in 4Lo and crawling. I put the truck in reverse while in 4Lo, and it seemed like there was no gear. Almost as if I had the truck in Neutral and revved the engine, but when I released the gas pedal, the truck continued to accelerate. I had to shift it into Neutral for it to stop. Shifted into Reverse again once I was at idle, and the same thing happened. Second time in Neutral I shifted into 4Hi, and had reverse with no issues. Shifted back into 4Lo, and the problem was gone, truck handled like normal. Tried going back and forth and I could not duplicate the issue.

Keep in mind I had no warning lights, no check 4wd indications, nothing. Trans temps were in normal Op temps. I did not have the rear axle locked, so I though maybe I may have been 3 wheelin and a tire was spinning, but that doesn't make sense becuase I was in 4wd, and had power to my front wheels. I posted the same thing on the FB EcoBoost page, and another guy had the same exact issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: 4Lo reverse gear not working