Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New here....well kinda....not really....I'm back....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 03:04 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default New here....well kinda....not really....I'm back....

Well, it's a good thing I didn't delete my password.......

As my username indicates, I previously owned a 2013 FX4. I had bought the truck new and upon selling it, it had a whopping 10,000 miles on the odometer. It pretty much sat in the garage while I drove my other car or rode my Harley. The truck was paid off and my concern was the longer it sat there without being used, and with the warranty expiring, it just didn't make sense to keep it. I got a good price for it and slapped the money on my mortgage.

Fast forward to today. After playing 'let's make a deal' for a short while, I am now out of my Dodge Challenger, which I traded, and back in a 2018 F150 XL (STX is what it says on the bed lol), super crew with the 5 liter V8. Pretty good amount of options on it, but certainly not loaded by any means.

For those that care, MSRP was $42,095 (yea I know, doesn't mean squat)....price OTD was $35,221.89 before trade-in allowance was applied. I know there's always somebody that did better, but as I always say, as long as I feel like I got a fair deal, I'm happy.

So I'm back on the forum (and I guess will have to figure out a different name and reach out to the moderators). Now I'm gonna have to hit line-X for a spray in bedliner, find a discounted bakflip, and order a consolevault, AGAIN lol. This one won't be sitting in the garage as it will be making the 100 mile round trip to work.

Yea, I know, if there are no pictures it didn't happen, but after doing the deal I had to come home and do college homework until almost 3am, so ............
Old 02-13-2018, 05:20 AM
Veteran, retired Navy..

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Congrats & good luck with the new ride..
The following users liked this post:
AndySTX (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 06:03 AM

Received 1,317 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Welcome back to the forum Andy, glad to have you here.
AndySTX (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 07:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome from Ohio
AndySTX (02-13-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Welcome back to the forum !
Share a pic of the truck.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Phil48315
Welcome back to the forum !
Share a pic of the truck.
Well, that may be a problem............

I was on my way to work yesterday. While driving down the highway with the cruise set on 70 and 158 miles on the odometer, the truck starts shuddering in the steering wheel. I thought I had a tire going flat so I scrolled to the tire pressure indicator as I slowed down. When I did so, pressures were okay and the check engine light came on. I was able to get to the shoulder before the truck stalled. The battery light also came on.

I called for roadside service, and called the dealership. They brought me a loaner and I arrived at work 3 hours late, after stopping by the dealership and another 'issue' was resolved.

At this point, I have already told the owner and GM I have no interest in keeping that truck, regardless of what the problem is. I stripped all of my stuff out of it and they are having my trade brought back to the dealership from up the street. It's my intention today to give them an opportunity to obtain an identical truck and redo the deal (they don't show one in their inventory that's close) or scratch it altogether.

I'll let you know...........................
Old 02-15-2018, 05:47 AM

Received 1,317 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Sorry to here about the problems with your new truck. Hope you get everything ironed out okay. I've got a 2017 with the 5.0 and the only problem I had since I bought it new in June 2017, was a front strut leaking. It was replaced under warranty.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Man that sucks !
I hope they take care of you and get you in a new truck.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:30 AM
F150 Site Sponsor

Received 360 Likes on 356 Posts

Welcome. I hope you can have your issues resolved quickly. Make sure to post up some pictures of your new toy, when it's home.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:57 PM

Thanks all.......

At this point, I picked my trade back up, they took the truck back, so I'm back to square one. They have never let me know what was wrong with the truck but they really have no reason to as it's now their issue. Having said that, I told them if they can find an identical truck, I will redo the deal. So far, they have not had any luck locating an identical one within 500 miles so it may or may not happen.

One thing I can say about the experience is that the dealership has been stand-up about taking care of me. I know most dealers would have said "sorry, you signed the contract, it's yours, see our service department". I generally buy a new vehicle about once a year (the trade was a '16 challenger) and if they didn't take care of me, I wouldn't have been back.

I felt somewhat troll-like coming in here and slamming a day-old truck, but I do like the Ford trucks and just drew the reliability short-straw on this one.

Quick Reply: New here....well kinda....not really....I'm back....