Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Best products for tuxedo black and shadow black

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 12:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best products for tuxedo black and shadow black

I guess I like punishment by having a tuxedo black expedition for the wife and a shadow black screw for myself. I've been trying to read through all the different topics and everything is clear as mud now. My question is for black vehicles what are the preferred products to use from start to finish. Thanks for the help
Old 06-14-2017, 02:50 PM

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Wash gently to prevent instilling swirls marks.
Black needs "polishing" more often to keep it nice looking.
Be gentle when polishing. clear coat is very thin these days.
"Start to finish" is a lot of topics. Tackle one topic at a time.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gents..I've been detailing cars and Trucks for over 20 yrs. a lot of your questions are legit and there are as many answers. I live in southern Arizona and wax is not a product we use. If you really want to know how to take care of your truck or car, a must read is from the best website I have found. ALL your questions and how-to's are found on this website. www.detailedimage.com. Oh by the way, the latest coatings for truck and car protection... is melted glass!! it's unbelievable

Last edited by stkoby; 07-06-2017 at 05:36 PM. Reason: duplicate
Old 07-06-2017, 05:34 PM

Gents..I've been detailing cars and Trucks for over 20 yrs. a lot of your questions are legit and there are as many answers. I live in southern Arizona and wax is not a product we use. If you really want to know how to take care of your truck or car, a must read is from the best website I have found. ALL your questions and how-to's are found on this website. www.detailedimage.com. Oh by the way, the latest coatings for truck and car protection... is melted glass!! it's unbelievable
Old 07-07-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Ok, let's start with the basics.
Do you have swirls (fine scratches) on the paint?
These are usually created by improper washing technique.
With the sun overhead looking at the paint does it look similar to the picture?

If so, this needs to be addressed before applying any LSP or coating. (after/before pic)
Otherwise, you will have sealed in very shiny swirls. Not knowing this was my first mistake.

Think of it like polishing a wood floor.
If the floor has scratches, would you want to seal it before sanding and polishing the wood?

So back to the 1st question...Do you currently have swirls (fine scratches) in the paint finish?
Old 07-07-2017, 11:52 PM

Merlin, checkout the website, nice work. use 22ple?
Old 02-01-2018, 06:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

TOPCOAT F11 is the best stuff I have used so far. It's pricey but it's got that foot deep shine everybody is looking for. It's easy to apply.I'm old so I'm really into easy. it's nanotechnology at it's best on paint as far as I have seen.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:45 AM

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

@ RedX

Love the graphic over the roof. I have that on my 2016 Lariat, where did you get the graphic, and how hard was it to put on ?
Old 06-03-2019, 02:50 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

I have used Zaino in the past on my TB vehicles and they always looked great, but on my Magma Red, I switched to Carpro CQUK 3.0, and man does it look good. Of course, as stated above it has to start out looking good, you just wind up sealing the bad in instead.

Coated last September, only maintenance was regular washes, waterless washes and a mist and wipe down with Reload occasionally

After a Zaino treatment

Even all smashed up and dirty it still had a nice gloss to it

Just found these from the TB Fusion I had

Last edited by acdii; 06-03-2019 at 03:03 PM.