Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Petition: Make some changes to the forum?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Go Noles >>---;--->

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Petition: Make some changes to the forum?

There's some people including myself, who thinks the Hot girlfriend and wife thread, along with the Motivational poster thread should not have been shut down. We're all adults here, seriously. And if there are a few youngens lookin around, come on, honestly, do you think they havent seen worse then what they will/could see on here. Lots of people get on here to socialize, along with ask about their truck.

If im not mistaken, there's an age limit to become a member? And I dont think its 18. Make the age limit 18, or not one at all. Under 18 is just ridiculous.

Ive seen multipile forums online with an "Anything Goes" sub-forum. If we had one of those, whoever wanted to say or post something that wasnt "appropriate", could post it there with no consequences. Have an arguement with someone, take it to the Anything Goes sub-forum.

Its starting to seem like place is on lockdown. Kinda sucks having to think about what you post before you post it.

Just voicing my opnion and last time i checked, I was allowed too, unless that is a new rule.

Post your thoughts and agree if youd like.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:38 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

The problem isn't people under 18 being members and seeing stuff. I think what they want is for people to be able to open up a thread in their living room with all the children around and still be safe for the little eyes to see.

I do sorta like the "anything goes" section, but then what would "off topic" be for?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Ex Badge Bunny

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

I see a fire storm brewing lol
Old 11-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Go Noles >>---;--->

Originally Posted by Just call me Sean
The problem isn't people under 18 being members and seeing stuff. I think what they want is for people to be able to open up a thread in their living room with all the children around and still be safe for the little eyes to see.

I do sorta like the "anything goes" section, but then what would "off topic" be for?
I understand the whole children thing. Thats why if there was an anything goes, the person opening the page, would know what to open and what not to open. Change the off-topic to anything goes, or have both.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:51 PM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FSU FX4
There's some people including myself, who thinks the Hot girlfriend and wife thread, along with the Motivational poster thread should not have been shut down. We're all adults here, seriously. And if there are a few youngens lookin around, come on, honestly, do you think they havent seen worse then what they will/could see on here. Lots of people get on here to socialize, along with ask about their truck.

Actually, we do have a good number of members under the age of 18. And even more so, most of members have kids who are hanging around their dad/mom while he/she browses the forum. There are a good number of car/truck forums out there, the owners of this site decided when they started it that it would be family friendly and we stick to that rule.

If im not mistaken, there's an age limit to become a member? And I dont think its 18. Make the age limit 18, or not one at all. Under 18 is just ridiculous.

Nope, no age limit.

Ive seen multipile forums online with an "Anything Goes" sub-forum. If we had one of those, whoever wanted to say or post something that wasnt "appropriate", could post it there with no consequences. Have an arguement with someone, take it to the Anything Goes sub-forum.

That has been considered multiple times, but always discarded. Many forums do have those type of subforums but they degenerate into simply seeing who can come up with the most inventive verbal attack/who can be the biggest jerk to the OP style threads, it really serves no purpose for this forum.

Its starting to seem like place is on lockdown. Kinda sucks having to think about what you post before you post it.

Yes, we mods realized that we had become more slack in past few months and that we were going to start enforcing the rules more regularly. The rules aren't hard, they simply are rules and posted for all to see. If you have to stop and think "Should I post this or not" then probably best to not.

Just voicing my opnion and last time i checked, I was allowed too, unless that is a new rule.

Always welcome to voice your opinion, we welcome it! Getting feedback is how we continue to grow and evolve as a forum. It's simply the people as of recent who have voiced their opinions in a rude and demeaning method who have been given the boot, they all could have taken a note from your post on how to put up a constructive thought and question regarding forum behavior.

Post your thoughts and agree if youd like.
See BOLDED type.

Last edited by Franchi; 11-06-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Go Noles >>---;--->

Originally Posted by RaiderH8r89
I see a fire storm brewing lol
If there was an anyting goes, that would be ok

No need for any arguements, but Im sure an idiot who wants to start s**t will chime in eventually
Old 11-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Go Noles >>---;--->

Might as well just lock it now
Old 11-06-2011, 11:57 PM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

If there IS changes that people would like to see, post them up and we will certainly consider them. We want this forum to be what YOU the main posters want to see/use. Obviously not everything potentially suggested will fly but within reason, we will consider it. I'll even sticky this for a while so everybody can see it and make a suggestion.

So what would you like to see?

Personally, I'm trying to get the classifieds rules a little more regulated to cut down on scammers and people posting up items for sale with no picture, no thought, just trying to get money. And also to get the iTrader forum sales reputation system implemented.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Go Noles >>---;--->

I think we would like to see an anything goes forum. I know you cant really put regulations on anything goes. But people on here know what to post an not to post. I don't think people would use it for a **** section. Just the questionable pictures that have been removed, page 47. I've seen multiple people staring threads to vent because something happened in they're personal life. Like I said I know you can't really put restrictions on something like this cause that's basically what it is is a no restriction forum. But I think we have a smart enough crew here to not abuse it and still make it decent.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Obvious Troll

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

On any other forum I am a member of, the questionable threads are all tagged NWS or NSFW. This takes care of anyone pulling up something on accident when/where they shouldn't. I don't see why it can't work here. I don't really NEED that type of content. Just making the point.

Quick Reply: Petition: Make some changes to the forum?