Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Editing compliments?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Editing compliments?!?

I've been on several other forums for many, many years. I've never had a post edited nor have I ever had a post deleted. I'm on forums, ten times the size of this one as well as 'brand new' forums with only a few members and everything in between. My experience here has been great with the members but, no so great with the moderators.... I posted a COMPLIMENT and it too got edited out.. Nice... Maybe I should just move on - I apparently don't fit in here.

In the picture above you can clearly see - "I guess your all right after all Sin..." Where I was complimenting a mod whom I'd had a 'run in' with and was chalking up my past experience as either me or them or both just having an 'off' day. I guess you can't even compliment here.

Thanks, all in all this is a good forum, just to many edit happy/opinionated mods.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:28 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

You're a trouble maker, go away.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Just call me Sean
You're a trouble maker, go away.
Don't I know it! No doubt, this thread won't last long
Old 02-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

It was edited cause as with your previous posts it was antagonistic and the WOW was childish and unnecessary......and u continue to try and cause a public scene maybe for attention I am not sure. If you cannot contribute to a thread please don't clutter it with your unnecessary posts...thank you.

Last edited by SinCityFX4; 02-08-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by SinCityFX4
It was edited cause as with your previous posts it was antagonistic and the WOW was childish and unnecessary......and u continue to try and cause a public scene maybe for attention I am not sure. If you cannot contribute to a thread please don't clutter it with your unnecessary posts...thank you.
I'm not trying to be a smarta_s or antagonistic or anything.

If every post that contained a antagonistic, childish or unnecessary comment, you'd have a lot more editing to do. Was it because of that, or that it was directed at you, and you have the ability to edit? (that's a serious question)

If I'm correct in my assumption, that's exactly why I posted what I did, the way I did. Your original post in response to my "suggestion" (about sub-forums) was also antagonistic IMHO. So we have the pot calling the kettle black. The only difference is 1) I apologized via PM 2) don't have the ability to edit

Any any rate, Sin, my compliment while having a tounge in cheek tone was still sincere. I'm sure down the road, we'll chuckle about it. I tend to be a long time member and contribute when I can, less the sarcasm.

Wish you well,

Hackersmovie
Old 02-10-2010, 10:39 AM
big cube 426

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just say nice things about ford trucks and you'll be ok.lol. i read your post and didnt find anything wrong with it.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:40 PM
We'd do it

You have a unique style that may throw some for a loop. I've gotten used to it, but I did wonder at first. I don't care what everyone else says, you're alright.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

I love you all.... Even Sean!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:51 PM
We'd do it

lol
Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lenn