Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Best way to get mod attention for thread control?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 11:26 AM
Blunt

Received 1,074 Likes on 722 Posts

Default Best way to get mod attention for thread control?

Seems in the past few months that mods are not around, at least in the 2015+ forum. Bickering, name calling, off topic threads etc are rampant and out of control.

What's the best way to request that a mod move, close, or clean up a thread? Many requests in threads go unheard, and I'm aware that it's hard for mods to read every single post. So I'd assume the best way is to hit the red (!) button to get attention?

The off-topic stuff, name calling, immature comments etc are just getting sickening. Also, if the issue is really just lack of presence, I'm fine with being made a mod and cleaning up house if that's what it takes. Too many internet tough guy keyboard warriors with big mouths and bad attitudes, especially towards new users.
The following 2 users liked this post by BlackBoost:
digitaltrucker (07-27-2018), Mike-in-Kingston (07-27-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 01:00 PM
IB Staff

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

Yes, the best way to alert moderators to posts is to use the Report Post function.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:41 PM

Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

I’ve tried reported posts just like suggested and have been told by mods that I cannot report posts unless it’s something like a targeted threat, etc.

“Everyone’s opinion matters” is basically what I was told to keep in mind by the mods, which is half the reason I now post mostly useless comments now. I get tired of being the bigger person when nobody else seems to have to!

Last edited by nerdh3rd; 07-29-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:49 AM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

As stated above the best way to get our attention is to use the report button. We review every report that comes in. We do our best to make sure everything stays on topic, clean and organized, and friendly. Sometimes what someone thinks might be offensive is not and sometimes what someone thinks is fine is offensive so it may not always go the way you see it should. We really try not to censor anyone on here but it gets touchy and complicated sometimes. We do ask the other mods and admin if we're not completely sure about something to get all of us on the same page to best serve the forum. I know all the mods and admin are also open to discussing issues via PM. You can find all the mods/admin names at the bottom of the forum pages and send us a message if you have something you'd like to discuss. We do our best to try and keep this forum running smooth for everyone.
The following 2 users liked this post by BadFish523:
BlackBoost (07-30-2018), IB Jose (07-30-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 01:59 PM

Received 2,962 Likes on 1,650 Posts

Originally Posted by BadFish523
As stated above the best way to get our attention is to use the report button. We review every report that comes in. We do our best to make sure everything stays on topic, clean and organized, and friendly. Sometimes what someone thinks might be offensive is not and sometimes what someone thinks is fine is offensive so it may not always go the way you see it should. We really try not to censor anyone on here but it gets touchy and complicated sometimes. We do ask the other mods and admin if we're not completely sure about something to get all of us on the same page to best serve the forum. I know all the mods and admin are also open to discussing issues via PM. You can find all the mods/admin names at the bottom of the forum pages and send us a message if you have something you'd like to discuss. We do our best to try and keep this forum running smooth for everyone.
So why did you remove my response? It was not vulgar or insulting or rude or anything contentious.
I stated a fact that the the member who created this thread is guilty of being exactly what he is complaining about and that I have left a number of threads as a result of his comments conduct and behavior.

I will re state what I stated in my response which was removed...everyone on here has an opinion, we dont all have to agree but we should all be respectful.

Anything wrong with anything Ive just said?
Old 07-30-2018, 04:49 PM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by dannofx4
So why did you remove my response? It was not vulgar or insulting or rude or anything contentious.
I stated a fact that the the member who created this thread is guilty of being exactly what he is complaining about and that I have left a number of threads as a result of his comments conduct and behavior.

I will re state what I stated in my response which was removed...everyone on here has an opinion, we dont all have to agree but we should all be respectful.

Anything wrong with anything Ive just said?
It was off topic, this thread is about how to notify a mod, not about any members conduct on the forum. Your post did not add to the thread "Best way to get mod attention for thread control?" and was the beginning of a thread derailment by discussing another members conduct as you see it throughout the forum.

Quick Reply: Best way to get mod attention for thread control?