Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Lines/ Edge Evo and more!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum Lines/ Edge Evo and more!

Just got a 2002 F150 XLT Flareside with the 4.6L Triton V8. Was trying to figure out my vacuum lines to do a Seafoam on it. As per other threads on here I dont want to put it in the brake boost line so I want to find a good line that feeds all the cylinders. The diagram should be under the hood as posted in other threads... but mine is gone. Any other way to figure this out? Any help would be appreciated!

Also looking for ideas on how to program the Edge Evo that is installed in the truck to optimize the truck, not planning to run the performance program on it, just a good solid city driving program and hwy program.

Check out my garage for mods that have already been done and looking for suggested on making this truck look better. Thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 12:06 AM
Chris

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

brake booster is the best way. 1/3 in the booster line, 1/3 in the oil and 1/3 in the gas. let it sit for about 20-25 minutes before starting it. make sure you plug the brakeboost hose back into the booster itself. they also make a can that allows you to put it in the throttle body. the can comes with a small red straw. that way is a pain in the ***. you gotta hold the can upside down for like 5 minutes.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard that the brake boost only really goes to cylinder 7 & 8 though. Isnt there are better line that feeds more cylinders? I am not 100% sure on my lines either (including the brake booster) because that diagram of the lines is not under the hood like its suppose to be.

Quick Reply: Vacuum Lines/ Edge Evo and more!