General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

troyer performance!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default troyer performance!

hey guys just wanted to say i made my first purchase through troyer and i must say im very impressed with their service sofar i orderd my efan kit for my 06 on tuesday night and the very next morning they called me at around 9 oclock just to comfirm all my information and to go over the kit i orderd to assure it was the right kit and whatnot and also i emailed them with a question today and not 5 minutes went by and they actually called me on my cell phone to answer my question. just thought id share my sofar so good experience with theese guys for anyone thinking of making a purchase through them they seem very serious about their products and making sure you are getting the best bang for your buck!

also while on the subject anyone with efans ever run a led light in the cab from the fan so you can tell the fan is working?? if so it would be great for a small write up or pictures on how to go about this! i was thinking of somehow running an led light and mounting it on my edge evo dash pod. anyone ever do this?
Old 03-17-2010, 08:45 PM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Not trying to rain on your parade (and not sure if they have made improvements), but have you read this?

http://www.f150online.com/forums/oth...t=troyer+efans

If so and all is good, please excuse the interruption...
Old 03-17-2010, 09:02 PM

i never saw that every writeup i saw was a good one so thats what made me choose troyer hmm i hope this prob is fixed lol cos the kit isnt to cheap!! i guess right from the start i am going to have to get some better relays or whatever else electrical wise to be safe but it sucks cos im not very good with electrical stuff so i wouldnt know where to look lol!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:08 PM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Just trying to help.

You might want to call Troyer and ask them about the issues. They may have fixed it.

Good luck!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:15 PM

hey thanks alot im def gonna call them tmrw on my break!! i was always under the impression that troyer offered good products for our trucks!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed the Troyer efan kit five years ago. The fans are great, but the controllers are garbage. I finally tired of replacing the controllers and the song and dance to get them replaced by Troyer and switched to a Spal controller. Working fine.
I have a friend that installed the kit at about the same time that I installed mine, and he still has the original controllers in use and they work fine????
Old 03-18-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by ONELOWF
I installed the Troyer efan kit five years ago. The fans are great, but the controllers are garbage. I finally tired of replacing the controllers and the song and dance to get them replaced by Troyer and switched to a Spal controller. Working fine.
I have a friend that installed the kit at about the same time that I installed mine, and he still has the original controllers in use and they work fine????
awesome that makes me alittle less worried then lol!! how do i go about getting a better controller for this kit?? also did you notice any significant power gains with the swap?

thanks man
Old 03-19-2010, 12:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The fans: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DER-16516/

Controller / parts:http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.as...oryBody&c=FAAC

Yes, the efans save about 15 hp and you can feel the difference.
An led light on the dash can tell you if there is power to the fan if it is connected to the fan's power wire, but that does not mean that the fan is actually running.
It is much more complicated to actually measure the current draw to know that the fans are running.

Last edited by ONELOWF; 03-19-2010 at 01:03 AM.

Quick Reply: troyer performance!