Transmission pump failure - Page 3 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Transmission pump failure

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2016, 12:34 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 20
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

At around 7K miles my 2015 2.7EB showed a wrench light with "Check 4x4" message on the dash. Next time I started it up it showed the wrench light with a "Check manual" message. Manual shows the wrench light indicates "check 4x4"as well as "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power/Electronic Throttle Control"

Called the dealer to get it in for service - ended up being "auxiliary transmission pump failure". They told me it was fine to continue to drive (I was skeptical but it felt ok) Took about 2 weeks to get the part (end of July). Was a 2 day repair with a loaner.

Dealer said they haven't really seen this issue much but it sounds like something that could be problematic. All good now.

I can post the diagnostic code, etc when I get home later.

I do have to say the Ford factory reps were great at staying in touch, expediting where they could, and making sure I was taken care of by the local dealer.
amgbrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:52 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Levittown, Pa
Posts: 253
Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts
Default

You folks are lucky to get a loaner to drive. My local dealer told me that if I did not buy the extended warranty there would be no loaner.
kenv47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:58 PM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 74
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv47 View Post
You folks are lucky to get a loaner to drive. My local dealer told me that if I did not buy the extended warranty there would be no loaner.
Call Ford directly. Tell them that that is what your Ford rep told you and that it is unacceptable that a brand new truck is screwing up and that it is their responsibility to make this right and you expect better treatment after purchasing a brand new vehicle from them. 85k miles, I can understand. 7k or 12k like mine, it still has the new smell.
bwaltlsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Me too

Data point: this just happened to me too. Wrench warning light. Lacked acceleration. Take to shop. Said need aux pump. Said part would take a day.
We'll see!
FloridaLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 01:17 PM   #25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This issue just happened to my truck. 2015 2.7 EB with 13,300 miles on it. The service light came on Thursday on the way home from work, dropped off the truck last night, and they called to say they have it fixed now at 1 pm on Saturday.

Will this have a long term impact to transmission life? It drove and shifted fine.
sapepple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 05:48 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Sounds like everyone with this has an ecoboost? Think the turbo is torquing it too much or maybe it's heat?
aschueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:35 PM   #27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgbrews View Post
At around 7K miles my 2015 2.7EB showed a wrench light with "Check 4x4" message on the dash. Next time I started it up it showed the wrench light with a "Check manual" message. Manual shows the wrench light indicates "check 4x4"as well as "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power/Electronic Throttle Control"

Called the dealer to get it in for service - ended up being "auxiliary transmission pump failure". They told me it was fine to continue to drive (I was skeptical but it felt ok) Took about 2 weeks to get the part (end of July). Was a 2 day repair with a loaner.

Dealer said they haven't really seen this issue much but it sounds like something that could be problematic. All good now.

I can post the diagnostic code, etc when I get home later.

I do have to say the Ford factory reps were great at staying in touch, expediting where they could, and making sure I was taken care of by the local dealer.
We bought a 2016 last Monday with 30 miles on it. I drive a lot for work, and on Friday at 680 miles the aux transmission pump went out. And they're saying 3 days or so for the part to get in. If it takes the 2+ weeks some of you are seeing, I'm thinking we'll ditch the stupid thing and take a loss. It's our very first new vehicle and I'm a little frustrated. We shouldn't have to worry about this...not even having the truck 4 days! It's going to be back at the dealership for longer than we've been driving it.
Rebecca_joi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:35 PM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wrench light came on Friday and I dropped off the truck this morning at dealership who provided a rental. This afternoon they called to share same diagnosis (failed transmission cooling pump) on my 2016 w/2.7L EB @ 16,500 miles. Suggested it would be a two-day repair so long as transmission is not otherwise damaged. I should hear back tomorrow.
ThunderRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:46 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kenna, WV
Posts: 570
Thanked 86 Times in 59 Posts
Default

I did end up trading my 14 F150. I traded on a new Tundra Crewmax. They eventually replaced the transmission and sold the truck. I'm on a 2yr lease on the Tundra. And trust me, I miss my F150. At lease end I'll be back. I made the decision after they had the truck almost 3 weeks and still hadn't diagnosed it. It was a lease as well. Now I'm getting 13.3 mpg in the Tundra and have quite a bit less options and comfort. But it's roomy and does what I need it to do.
dave91gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:14 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 350
Thanked 53 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave91gt View Post
I did end up trading my 14 F150. I traded on a new Tundra Crewmax. They eventually replaced the transmission and sold the truck. I'm on a 2yr lease on the Tundra. And trust me, I miss my F150. At lease end I'll be back. I made the decision after they had the truck almost 3 weeks and still hadn't diagnosed it. It was a lease as well. Now I'm getting 13.3 mpg in the Tundra and have quite a bit less options and comfort. But it's roomy and does what I need it to do.
Sorry about your luck in the F150. But dude, leasing a Tundra?? Very bad choice.
Daytoman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Crew Cab OEM drop-in Bedliner $50 Haze748 2015 - Present Part Sales 17 02-20-2016 11:23 PM
Tick on 2015 F150 Wreckless Maintenance Shop 5 02-10-2016 10:42 AM
2015 F150 Sport Foreverford00 General F150 Discussion 2 02-06-2016 05:48 PM
2015 F150 Platinum w/ Numerous Electrical Issues jon.benton 2015 - Present Ford F150 7 02-06-2016 06:39 AM
2015 oem running boards on 2014? Oz4 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 0 02-05-2016 03:37 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 2017 F150Forum.com
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send