Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts and Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 10:09 PM
The Blue Beast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thoughts and Ideas

The current description for my truck is in my signature. Does anyone have any idea what I could do to improve my truck? Like I would like to supercharge or turbo my engine, but I don't even know if this is feasible. Also, I am wanting to put in a 4x4 kit or change some stuff so it is AWD all the time, plus a 6 inch lift kit (SOA). I bought my truk used, and it happened when I was able to pay it off with first payment, so the money that I would have used for my truck payment, I am using to improve the look, feel and performance... anyone got thoughts or ideas other then what I have already done or thought of?
Old 01-27-2007, 10:53 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Depends on how much money you want to put in it. Superchargers/wipplechargers or turbos will give you the most power, they aren't cheap though. Programmers are a cheaper way to go but you wont see the same power increases, but they definitely improve they way it drives and shifts. I have one in my truck and it put a smile on my face.
I think most recommend Pro comp if all your wanting is a 6" lift. If you go 8" though spend the money and get a Rise lift.
I don't know what to say about how to convert it to a 4x4/AWD other than to trade it in on a new truck.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

get a truck that has a 5.4 and 4x4
Old 01-27-2007, 11:00 PM
The Blue Beast

Trading in my truck is NOT an option.. for a few reasons

1. It is paid off in full, and has been since I bought it.
2. All the work I've done on this one, trading in and starting again is like being gut-shot.. No thanks lol
3. If I traded in my truck, I would be miserable, because
a.) I've always wanted one, b.) I refuse to drive either of my mini-vans c.) my wife would probably kill me d.) My kids love my truck more then I do e.) I am going to be teaching my oldest son (14 years) how to drive soon and I dont wan't to sit lower then everyone around me. f.) I am the coolest dad on my block.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:35 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

I would have to agree with pro-x on getting a new truck. Trying to convert a 4x2 to a 4x4 is very tuff, expensive, and problem prone. As far as the lift i would go with procomp if you dont do any offroading but if you do by a fabtech or splurge and by a rize lift.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i didnt say get a civic, that would just be wrong....

Im saying that you should get a truck with a 5.4 and 4x4 insted of dropping lots of money to make the 4.6 drive like a 5.4 and spending 5-7 grand on making it 4x4
Old 01-28-2007, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by pro-x-144
i didnt say get a civic, that would just be wrong....

Im saying that you should get a truck with a 5.4 and 4x4 insted of dropping lots of money to make the 4.6 drive like a 5.4 and spending 5-7 grand on making it 4x4
Exactly
Old 01-29-2007, 07:35 PM
The Blue Beast

well I said that I would like to do that, but in all actuality, I dont generally use my truck for anything except driving to and from work and dragging the dumbasses around here out of the mud when they get stuck in their little cars they want to drive in the mud. a 4x4 is in the future for me sometime, but it will be on a completely differant truck.

My truck is mostly used for work, and to make it catch your attention.. I like to show my truck off when I can .. want to make it faster, shift smoother, faster and a lower rpm. I got it sounding the way I want ..
Old 01-29-2007, 07:41 PM

IF you were to put a 4X4 kit on i wouldnt leave it in 4x4 all of the time, just on those really nasty days at slow speeds.

Appearence: Harley grille, harley lights.
Perf: AF1, Edge or troyer tunes.
Feel: (not sure what you mean but) leather sets or wet okole covers
Old 03-11-2007, 08:48 PM

im not sure how much different a f150 and an xplor are but me and my friend convert a 4x2 91 ford xplor to 4x4 and it didnt cost hardley anything all we did was find wrecked ones close to the same year and then got dirty there was no problem doing it and eveyone we know say it wouldnt work and it wont be worth a damn but then again they drive chevys and dodges and we pull em all the time in the X... as for making you 4.6 ripp how about looking for a motor from a cobra? should fit its a 4.6 sc or even a lightning but thats a 5.4 and if you found a cobra and you didnt want the motor then just pull the sc, intake, and what ever else you might and it SHOULD work... a buddy of mine has a 03 gt and the engine bay is the same as my 04 f150

Quick Reply: Thoughts and Ideas