General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raptor or Lariat build up...??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor or Lariat build up...??

Cant get the F150 out of my head. I want it...! Cant Lease the Raptor! No incentives on the Raptor! No news here to anyone familiar. Each time I "Build" a Lariat and factor in some nicer rims/wheels and a Lift/Leveling kit.. Im either "at" or "above" the cost of a Raptor... How do I proceed? Im not opposed to a nice Lariat but for that $$ am i missing out on not going Raptor...?? The Lease option of "other than Raptor" is nice but i plan on having the truck for the long term. Any thoughts? Thx.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey!

IMO I would get the Lariat & build it from there. There are a ton of Raptor-ish builds you can do with that trim. I have a Lariat Special Edition Sport with Tow Package so the two tone red & black interior sold me right away. I've done quite a few mods since I bought it in July of last year & it looks pretty aggressive while still keeping the luxuryesk vibe. I even took the money I saved compared to a Raptor & talked the wife into using the extra to pickup a Focus ST3 for some more fun.

Either way let us know what you decide!
Old 04-10-2019, 04:21 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

A lariat with the same options as a raptor shouldn't be the same price. A lariat with all the bells and whistles should be around the base price of a raptor.
If you are wanting a raptor, I would wait until the 2020s come out for the big v8.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:21 PM
Super user

Received 197 Likes on 134 Posts

Raptor holds it's value, Lariat not so much...
Old 04-10-2019, 06:55 PM

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts

See'n you got your head set on a Raptor, you likely won't be satisfied with a Lariat no matter how many bells and whistles it has.

Back in the day i was looking at a new econo type car and was about to pull the trigger on it until the sales guy got me to sit in a higher end performance car.
The sales guy said 'you're not going to be happy with that econo car'. He was right and i never regretted getting that performance car even though it was a lot more bucks.
The following users liked this post:
Billy182 (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 12:36 PM

Received 138 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by moparado
See'n you got your head set on a Raptor, you likely won't be satisfied with a Lariat no matter how many bells and whistles it has.

Back in the day i was looking at a new econo type car and was about to pull the trigger on it until the sales guy got me to sit in a higher end performance car.
The sales guy said 'you're not going to be happy with that econo car'. He was right and i never regretted getting that performance car even though it was a lot more bucks.
This! If you are set on a Raptor you will never be happy with anything else!
Old 04-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Lonestar state of mind

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

What is it about the Lariat that you want? A lot of options can be found after market. That's why I personally bought an STX - less money on the truck and I can add the things I want myself.

Trending Topics

Old 04-12-2019, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to Lease so anything NOT Raptor will work... nobody will lease the Raptor to me, which is fine. If i can get a good deal on a CPO with low miles Raptor I may do that... I just want a nicely equipped truck with better rims/tires./lift kit... thats all..... XLT with kit would work.... I like the sport nylon seats.. i dont care about leather but many of the things i like ie: LED head lamps only come with the leather package... dont want to make a huge deal out of it.. just want to get it and be done with it... so i was looking for path of least resistance.... ya know.

Quick Reply: Raptor or Lariat build up...??