General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another F150 recall

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another F150 recall

https://wvva.com/news/national-news-from-the-associated-press/2019/04/10/ford-recalls-327k-pickups-again-to-fix-engine-heater-cables
Old 04-11-2019, 09:34 AM

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts

Are they talking about cold weather engine block heaters?

Here's what the above link says:
DEARBORN, Mich. (AP) — Ford is recalling 327,000 F-Series pickup trucks in North America for a second time to fix problems with engine block heater cables that can cause fires.
In December the company recalled 874,000 trucks because water and contaminants can get into the cables and cause corrosion. That can cause electrical shorts and fires.
About 327,000 owners took trucks to dealers for the fix, but the inspection may have inadvertently damaged the cables. Now dealers will disable the cables for all recalled trucks and replace them when parts are available.
The recall covers F-150s from 2015 through 2019, as well as Super Duty trucks from 2017 through 2019.
Ford says it knows of one fire in the U.S. and two in Canada that could be related to the problem.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:44 AM
Official HTT Greeter

Received 328 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by moparado
Are they talking about cold weather engine block heaters?

Here's what the above link says:
Yes, it sounds like the plug-in block heaters. Common to diesels and cold climate trucks.
The following users liked this post:
moparado (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 02:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I took my truck if for the inspection in January and they said it was fine but the service adviser also said next time you are in we will probably replace because I think they are going to recall it again and replace all of them not just inspect them, I guess he was right. Now if I can get them to do the door latch recall. He asked in January if I had a problem and I said yes, but it's January in northern Wisconsin so it's not surprising. They didn't seem to want to do it at that time because they were busy. Maybe I can get it all done at once if the temperature ever stays above freezing for a few days!
Old 04-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Official HTT Greeter

Received 328 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by NAV165
I took my truck if for the inspection in January and they said it was fine but the service adviser also said next time you are in we will probably replace because I think they are going to recall it again and replace all of them not just inspect them, I guess he was right. Now if I can get them to do the door latch recall. He asked in January if I had a problem and I said yes, but it's January in northern Wisconsin so it's not surprising. They didn't seem to want to do it at that time because they were busy. Maybe I can get it all done at once if the temperature ever stays above freezing for a few days!
That's kinda funny, and kinda not.

The latest recall seems to be related to original as it is caused by the original fix.

I live in Arkansas and see single digit temps only a few times a year. I've never had any problem with freezing door locks/latches. But at my last oil change the dealer told me it needed to be done. Strictly for easier resale records, I said 'sure' Took about 2 hours.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this recall, or at least part of it, performed this morning. I'm not sure if they disconnected something or removed the plug prongs but the entire procedure took just a few moments. They did not have a replacement cable and the service writer told me that they expected replacements by about September.

Quick Reply: Another F150 recall