Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question on 2.5 leveling kit (cam bolts)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on 2.5 leveling kit (cam bolts)

Hey everyone I'm new to f150 forum and id like to post my first thread and start making changes to my fx4. I plan to put a 2.5 hellbentsteel leveling kit on my fx4 with 18in fuel offroad octanes and 33in mudgrapplers. I know when I intall the leveling kit I have to get it realigned. I called a shop and they quoted me around 400 for just installation that include alignment and cam bolts. I plan to do the installation myself and then go get it realigned but do I really need to buy aftermarket cam bolts or will the factory ones work just fine with the realignment. And if so, what kind should I buy that would be the best bang for my buck.

Thanks for the help
Old 06-07-2012, 04:59 PM
I know it's backwards

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Without even knowing what cam bolts are I can tell you that you don't need new ones.

Just make sure you have the right size socket for the lower shock bolt, a really good pry bar and a really good torque wrench. Other than that just use the instructions HBS supplies and you'll be fine.

Good luck.

I'd feel a lot better about answering your question if you weren't a Kyle Busch fan.....

OH....Welcome the Forum!!

Last edited by BlacKnBack; 06-07-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:18 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

there are no cams with the factory setup. you don't have to have the cams, but it makes it nice when doing the alignment.

Originally Posted by BLACK_FX4_NCSU
Hey everyone I'm new to f150 forum and id like to post my first thread and start making changes to my fx4. I plan to put a 2.5 hellbentsteel leveling kit on my fx4 with 18in fuel offroad octanes and 33in mudgrapplers. I know when I intall the leveling kit I have to get it realigned. I called a shop and they quoted me around 400 for just installation that include alignment and cam bolts. I plan to do the installation myself and then go get it realigned but do I really need to buy aftermarket cam bolts or will the factory ones work just fine with the realignment. And if so, what kind should I buy that would be the best bang for my buck.

Thanks for the help
Old 06-08-2012, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by BlacKnBack
Without even knowing what cam bolts are I can tell you that you don't need new ones.

Just make sure you have the right size socket for the lower shock bolt, a really good pry bar and a really good torque wrench. Other than that just use the instructions HBS supplies and you'll be fine.

Good luck.

I'd feel a lot better about answering your question if you weren't a Kyle Busch fan.....

OH....Welcome the Forum!!
Haha you must be a kevin harvick or junior fan. I get crap for it everyday but I've learned to deal with it lol but thanks for the help man ill post pictures when I'm done
Old 06-08-2012, 07:08 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

When i took mine to the allignment shop after I installed my kit, the camber was spot on but it was toed in really bad. All they had to to was adjust that and it was good to go. Some people may not be as lucky but i was
Old 06-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Parts Guy

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

u dont need the cam bolts. i put the 3in kit from heelbentsteel on my 04. just put them on realigned and done. i love the way it looks and drives, i have been 4x4 a few times and it great.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:18 AM

Ok cool thanks guys!!

Quick Reply: question on 2.5 leveling kit (cam bolts)