Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Word Of Caution

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 05:27 PM
High School Hill Climber

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Word Of Caution

Just a wor of caution to everyone. Do NOT put rainx on your headlights. That may sound dumb, you are probably wondering why I put it on my headlights. I was using the 2-in-1 rain x and glass cleaner to take the grime and bugs off of my headlights. Now I read the warning label on the bottle and it says not to use on paint, plastic, or scratch resistant coatings. What made me got and read the label was my headlights started chipping. the scratch resistant coating/clear coat is flaking off. they are aftermarket headlights. so i am really mad and didnt want anyone else to make this mistake with their headlights. so... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 3,928 Likes on 2,509 Posts

We all make mistakes. Live and learn. Thanks for being the guinea pig on this one. Hopefully your warning saves others from doing the same. BTW, your truck looks sick.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:24 PM
I LIKE TRUCKS

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunsetter
Just a wor of caution to everyone. Do NOT put rainx on your headlights. That may sound dumb, you are probably wondering why I put it on my headlights. I was using the 2-in-1 rain x and glass cleaner to take the grime and bugs off of my headlights. Now I read the warning label on the bottle and it says not to use on paint, plastic, or scratch resistant coatings. What made me got and read the label was my headlights started chipping. the scratch resistant coating/clear coat is flaking off. they are aftermarket headlights. so i am really mad and didnt want anyone else to make this mistake with their headlights. so... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Can u post a pic of it
Old 06-09-2012, 08:54 AM

Received 521 Likes on 293 Posts

I think this has less to do with the Rain-x and more to do with the quality of your headlights.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Derek from Pa

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is good to know...never really would have thought about it doing damage.

Quick Reply: Word Of Caution