General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Automatic locking Doors

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 03:02 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Problem with Automatic locking Doors

We're having an issue with the doors not automatically locking and my expertise in this matter is almost nonexistent. As you know they're suppose to automatically lock when the truck gets going around 10-12 mph. For what ever reason they do not lock now. I've looked thru the owners manual to try to hopefully trouble shoot it but all I found was to how to program it... Is this what I need to do to reprogram it or is there something else I can do or need to do to get em start locking again (possibly a blown fuse) or does the Ford people need to fix it?

Milo
Old 02-28-2019, 03:17 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

They probably wouldn't lock at all if it were a mechanical issue. Presume you can still manually lock them either with the fob or the door switch? If that is the case then I suspect there is a programming issue. Ford would be the easiest place to take it.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by baddceo
They probably wouldn't lock at all if it were a mechanical issue. Presume you can still manually lock them either with the fob or the door switch? If that is the case then I suspect there is a programming issue. Ford would be the easiest place to take it.
You're right. The Fob works to lock & unlock the doors plus we can still lock & unlock them with the buttons on the door handles.This afternoon I watched a "Ford How - to" video on how to reprogram the Auto lock & unlock feature. So far it has not worked but will try again tomorrow.

Milo
Old 03-01-2019, 11:34 AM

ALERT...ALERT...ALERT..UPDATE ...UPDATE...UPDATE. Got it fixed. Talked to the service guy and he said check the setting in the info screen. Sure enough went into the setting under locks and the auto lock was turned off. Turned it on and walla...it works.

Thanks baddceo for your input

Milo
Old 03-02-2019, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto lock

Originally Posted by 13EBF150
ALERT...ALERT...ALERT..UPDATE ...UPDATE...UPDATE. Got it fixed. Talked to the service guy and he said check the setting in the info screen. Sure enough went into the setting under locks and the auto lock was turned off. Turned it on and walla...it works.

Thanks baddceo for your input

Milo
This is one of the worst settings. If you get into an accident and are unconscious no one can get into your vehicle to save you.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:23 PM

Received 434 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Salahub
This is one of the worst settings. If you get into an accident and are unconscious no one can get into your vehicle to save you.
Ever hear of a window? Anyone with a lug wrench can get in in seconds.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gone postal
Ever hear of a window? Anyone with a lug wrench can get in in seconds.
Good luck with that!
Old 03-02-2019, 08:44 PM

Received 434 Likes on 289 Posts

If the wreck has damaged the vehicle to the point that a window isn't an option, the doors locking is the least of your worries. Besides, most BCMs unlock the doors when an impact is sensed.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:24 PM

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Salahub
And with your doors unlocked, you stop at a light and the mugger pulls your door open and...........
Old 03-05-2019, 01:05 AM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gone postal
If the wreck has damaged the vehicle to the point that a window isn't an option, the doors locking is the least of your worries. Besides, most BCMs unlock the doors when an impact is sensed.
I was gonna say dont most modern day vehicles have impact protocols like unlocking doors, engine shutoff, etc. etc.

Quick Reply: Problem with Automatic locking Doors