Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie

Hello guys. I just want to first say I'm new to this whole truck experience. I've never had one. Having said that I'm planning on buying a truck, preferably used. I want to get a f-150 because I love the way they look and I hear great things about them. My question(s) is what should I know about trucks. I know absolutely nothing about trucks. I've always been a car guy, but Im about to be a truck guy. Sorry if I sound ignorant. I just need some help learning about trucks. If can could give me a quick tutorial or point me in the direction of a website for newbies like me, I'd greatly appreciate. I look forward to posting pics of my truck when I get it and sharing stories with you all.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:47 PM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

You're already on the website man depending on what year f150 you're looking at browse through the correct subforum and you will quickly learn some issues people have had with theirs and how they went about fixing it. Browse around man you can learn quite a bit. I have no mechanical experience and I've just recently within the last 6 months became a "truck guy" myself and this forum has helped quite a bit! Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:11 PM

Thanks for the reply man, appreciate it a lot.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome.
I got my first truck last month and I love it. This site has been a wonderful wealth of information for me.
I got a 2005 F150 STX, 4.2L V6, 2WD, no frills (manual doors, windows, etc).
Good luck.
Mac
Old 07-21-2011, 11:24 PM

Thanks man. I'm pretty pumped about this!
Old 07-22-2011, 12:59 AM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

what year you looking to get? how much you looking to spend? many options available, Ive never had a bad ford vehicle, in fact i still have every one Ive ever bought except for 2, one was wrecked and one was traded, they just dont seem to die beyond repair like other makes do.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you should start by stating what you are planning on doing with the truck. Is it going to be a daily driver (dd) or are you going to use it to pull and RV, boat, trailer (if yes how big or small) etc....
Really need more info to get you started.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:54 AM

I'm not sure the exact year I wanna get yet. I was thinking of something In between 2004-2009. I'm a college student and currently living with pops so that I can save money for this truck. My dad said he would buy it, and I can just make Mobutu payments to him. I won't be using the truck to tow heavy stuff. It will be just everyday driving. I'm sure I'll use it to help friends move furniture, so that will prolly be the heaviest things I use my truck for. So should I go with a 2wd? Appreciate the help btw guys.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Dalnor, whatever you do don't help anyone move. If you do you'll be in the moving business forever. If your not towing or hauling loads a 2 wheel drive will do. With that said of course try to buy the newest with lowest mileage you can find. If possible stay away from a heavily modified truck, lifted, hugh tires, etc. These may have been over worked, and driven hard. As stated by previous posts cruise this forum, and don't worry about asking questions. You may get flamed by some, but forget them. You'll get answers that help. And above all, stick with the F150. I've owned five, and have never been disapointed. Good luck.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:40 PM

Thanks man I really appreciate the help. Been browsing this forum and I have seen a lot of useful information.

Quick Reply: Newbie