Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Truck TOTALED! Need another - Canada Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Truck TOTALED! Need another - Canada Truck?

Two months ago I posted in the "introduction" section how I was about to pickup a 2020 king ranch, upgrading from a GMC. Picked it up, LOVED it. A few days ago my wife and I were in a head-on collision - we are okay, nothing broken, just very sore and bruised. Very fortunate, we are very thankful. Insurance company has been good to work with so far, declared the truck totaled today as the frame buckled from the impact.

Back to square one...need another truck.

A few questions for everyone here.

1 - I have found pretty much my exact truck again - it is a canadian truck that was traded to a non-ford dealership here in the states. Not an easy truck to find (2020 King ranch with a 6'6" bed), that is reasonably close, that fits all my criteria. So this could be a good find, except for the whole canada thing. A quick search on this site (some results are a few years old) shows that canada trucks in the states seem to be fairly common and probably not much to worry about if all else checks out? Gauge cluster shows MPH. Car fax shows two owners....which for a one year old truck might be a red flag...? I'm not sure how the import to the US process is, if there is a broker involved maybe carfax lists them as an owner...? Recommendations how can I ensure that the warranty will be good and valid? Other recommendations or suggestions in regards to canada?

2 - Canadian truck above includes factory tow mirrors (Which is one thing I really wanted and did not have on my last truck!), but looks like it comes at a cost of not being able to have the Towing Technology Package, Cant have both, am I correct? It does have BLIS which with the tow mirrors (and max tow package) extends the monitoring the entire length of the trailer too? Thinking I'd probably prefer the tow mirrors over the tech package, but am not quite sure what I am going to be missing?

3 - if anyone has a newer (18-20?) 150 for sale, let me know. I can post a WTB in the market place. Requirements are SuperCrew, 6'6" bed, ideally an upper trim package (had king ranch, loved it), and ideally gray or silver, black.

Thanks everyone. Its good to be alive, even in this crazy world.

Last edited by chadwick02; 01-14-2021 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:32 AM

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,496 Posts

1 - call the dealership with the VIN to check the warranty status
Old 01-14-2021, 06:30 PM

Received 1,010 Likes on 682 Posts

^^What he said^^
Old 01-14-2021, 07:08 PM

Received 4,778 Likes on 2,820 Posts

I didn't think a 'two technology package' was a thing until 2021?

Does it have 53A or 53B, or max tow 53C with 3.5? Or are Canada truck options that different?
Old 01-14-2021, 07:18 PM

Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

If you are talking about the Tech Package with 360 degree camera in the tow mirrors in question # 2, that was available. I have that package in my tow mirrors on my 2017 Lariat.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As mentioned above, you can call your local dealer to find out the warranty status. You can also use third party services for which shows the entire biography of the car

Last edited by littlebug; 03-01-2021 at 03:20 AM. Reason: decided add text
Old 03-01-2021, 06:00 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 2018 Lariat that was originally a Canadian truck that has had a bunch of warranty work done with no issues. The 3 dealerships I have taken to haven't even mentioned it was from Canada. I also bought a Ford extended warranty with no issues.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:58 AM

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts

Inspect the truck like you’d do any other pre owned car. Should not be anything unique to an originally Canadian truck.

You are right that a truck equipped that way is hard to find! If it checks out, buy it. 🙂
Old 03-01-2021, 01:09 PM

Received 116 Likes on 66 Posts

The speedo can be easily changed between Metric and US in the Driver Information System on a Canadian truck. Once you make the change it stays US, so the gallons, fuel consumption, and miles don't go away unless you tell them to.
Sounds like a nice truck and unusual with the long box. I found one in 2019 but decided to order something instead as I didn't want the panoramic roof.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

May want to run a Canadian carfax. I bought my 2017 back in Nov, that was advertised as a clean carfax by the dealer, which the US version was. Come to find out, it didn't include the Canadian accident history from SK.

Quick Reply: New Truck TOTALED! Need another - Canada Truck?