Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MOD Bug

Old 02-21-2008, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MOD Bug

I have heard a few of you mention about the mod bug and wanted to entertain you. I just bought a 2005 FX4 SuperCrew last Saturday and apparently that little bug was in the console.

Sunday: 2 hitches, bungie straps, ratchet straps, "ford" hitch cover, Bug Shield, Window guards

Monday: Weathertec Floor Mats and from Ebay (Huskie rear liner, Rear under seat organizer, Chrome Diamond plate University of Louisville plate)

Tuesday: nothing :-(

Wednesday: air Fresheners (better than nothing)

Thursday: (today) ordered my 3" Westin Bull Bar and license plate relocator

Tomorrow: Linex getting put in.

It should take a few days for all my online pieces to come in so by mid next week, i should have a lot accomplished.

Feel free to send any web favorites you all have used. I am counting on experience to help me through.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:38 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Yep you have officially been bitten by that evil little bug. Some sites have different prices on the same products, obviously. But once you find whatever product just ask what site is best to get it from. Like I found a site that has KC slimlites for 150 bucks shipped, which is one helluva deal from what I've seen.

Make sure to post some pics!
Old 02-21-2008, 07:55 PM

I think the next thing i want to do is get rid of the factory lean the truck has. I have seen spacers for around $90 to bring the front up about 2.5". One day I may do a lift on it, but its not really my style (now). The bull bar has the skid plate as well, bur it would be nice to "even" the truck up. I dig the Recon Bed lights! I may have to look into that. Very cool. I am trying to find grill insert/valance kit. Cloud-riders has one I like but they seem high and I can't find it anywhere else cheaper. Then finally an exhaust later in the summer. Maybe a birthday present from my wife and kids.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Kc lights are nice, but you can get better lights for the price.

It sounds like you got bit HARD, lol.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:11 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

I love my bed lights, they have to be one of my favorite mods.

Originally Posted by Ty
Kc lights are nice, but you can get better lights for the price.

It sounds like you got bit HARD, lol.
Like...?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:07 PM

it felt like i was hit hard. My wife is slightly irritated, but calls me a goofball, so i guess she ain't that mad! I had been in an 02 SSEi and really wanting a truck that last couple of years. I found a heck of a deal. Receiving hitch didn't have a scratch on it, neither does the bed. 18,800 miles. Still had a linger or "new car smell". It was in near perfect condition without the new car price. I do plan to actually use the truck. I hauled my first load of cattle Wednesday. It pulled a 14' with 5 calves at a total of 1346 pounds. I was very impressed. Anyway, I am trying to pick the presevation mods first, then get to the fun stuf. I will get some pics posted over the weeked. I have seen a lot of "inspiration" on the forums here and look forward to settling in.

BTW. The guy traded it in on a Corolla. Not sure what that was all about.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah that mod bug is an evil little bloodsucker isn't he? Made me take my truck from this

To this

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MOD Bug