Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metal crossover pipe under intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 08:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Metal crossover pipe under intake manifold

2013 Ecoboost 3.5

There's a coolant pipe that attaches to the thermostat housing and runs along under the intake manifold. It came out when I pulled the thermostat housing off. I can't seem to get the pipe to fit back in and connect to the back end under the intake. Any ideas on how to get it back in place? I've tried guiding the pipe by reaching behind the intake manifold but after an hour of fishing around trying to find the connection I haven't had any luck.

​​​
Old 03-15-2023, 11:28 AM

Received 935 Likes on 707 Posts

It should just push into place into a hole towards the back of the engine. Take a flash light and look under the manifold. I believe there are 1 or 2 orings in the rear of the pipe, maybe throw a little silicone grease on those to help it slip in and once you get it lined up, give a little twist while you push.

I did it a few years ago when I did my water pump and I dont remember it being that bad.
Old 03-17-2023, 08:21 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

It can be difficult to guide the coolant pipe back into place on the 2013 Ecoboost 3.5. Here are a few suggestions you can try:
  1. Use a mirror: Use a small mirror to get a better view of where the pipe is supposed to go. This can help you see the connection point and guide the pipe more accurately.
  2. Use a flashlight: A flashlight can also help you get a better view of where the pipe needs to go. Shine the light into the area where the pipe connects to see if you can find the connection point.
  3. Use a long tool: Try using a long, thin tool such as a screwdriver or a coat hanger to guide the pipe back into place. This can help you reach the connection point more easily.
  4. Remove the intake manifold: If all else fails, you may need to remove the intake manifold to gain better access to the connection point. This can be a time-consuming process, but it may be necessary if you can't get the pipe back in place otherwise.
It's important to be patient when working on this type of repair and to avoid forcing the pipe back into place. If you're still having trouble, it may be best to take your vehicle to a mechanic or dealership for assistance.

Quick Reply: Metal crossover pipe under intake manifold