General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy Truxedo Lo Pro QT & Dualliner - need shopping advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy Truxedo Lo Pro QT & Dualliner - need shopping advice

As per the subject I'm looking to buy Truxedo Lo Pro QT & Dualliner for my '12 F150 FX4 Scab.

Being new to this are there recommended vendors I should consider? Cost is a concern so I am also looking to see if it might be better to buy from a single vendor or not.

Any help and your suggestions very welcome!

Thanks much,

Matt
Old 01-01-2012, 08:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lo Pro is a nice cover.

I just searched all the local parts places and got one from some hole in the wall shop in a crappy area of town for $450 Cdn. which is a good price here.

I'll order stuff on line if I have to but generally I prefer to search locally first and compare that price to shipping costs, aggravation etc.

With something like this it's just find the cheapest source and buy right then and there. Don't leave a deposit or wait for them to order it in.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:37 PM

Just ordered one from Luke at Truck Alterations 800-958-7576. About $380 including shipping and a gate seal.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Rotax
Lo Pro is a nice cover.

I just searched all the local parts places and got one from some hole in the wall shop in a crappy area of town for $450 Cdn. which is a good price here.

I'll order stuff on line if I have to but generally I prefer to search locally first and compare that price to shipping costs, aggravation etc.

With something like this it's just find the cheapest source and buy right then and there. Don't leave a deposit or wait for them to order it in.
Hi joe,

Fellow Ontarian and New F-150 owner. Which shop did you purchase your Lo Pro from? How do you like it? I have been looking at a few covers and a buddy recommended the Truxedo brand as well and that led me to the Lo Pro. I saw a place on Kijiji listing them for ~$400 but not sure if that is for all models or not. If you prefer to PM me that is cool. :-)

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 01-02-2012, 11:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ouldsmobile
Hi joe,

Fellow Ontarian and New F-150 owner. Which shop did you purchase your Lo Pro from? How do you like it? I have been looking at a few covers and a buddy recommended the Truxedo brand as well and that led me to the Lo Pro. I saw a place on Kijiji listing them for ~$400 but not sure if that is for all models or not. If you prefer to PM me that is cool. :-)

Thanks,

Kevin
It was in the north end of toronto - off midland and south of sheppard.

I can't remember the name of the place but I'll look for it if you think it's near enough that you're gonna go there.

I like the cover a lot. It doesn't seem to leak any and looks sharp compared to some of them. Friend bought a GMC and swapped out the cover on it for a Lo Pro after he saw mine - actually, after he drove my truck he said he should have bought Ford...lol

Old 01-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Just ordered one from Luke at Truck Alterations 800-958-7576. About $380 including shipping and a gate seal.
Took your great advice and just did the same. Seems to be the best price around and they were very professional.

Looking forward to installing it....

Thanks VERY much

Matt
Old 01-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Race Red '12 XLT SCrew EB

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i got mine for the same price at my hole in the wall parts house.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Rotax
It was in the north end of toronto - off midland and south of sheppard.

I can't remember the name of the place but I'll look for it if you think it's near enough that you're gonna go there.

I like the cover a lot. It doesn't seem to leak any and looks sharp compared to some of them. Friend bought a GMC and swapped out the cover on it for a Lo Pro after he saw mine - actually, after he drove my truck he said he should have bought Ford...lol

Glad to hear you like the cover, it does look pretty slick. I will PM you if I need the name of the store. I probably won't be purchasing anything until spring or summer anyways.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy Truxedo Lo Pro QT & Dualliner - need shopping advice