General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lomax trifold hard tonneau cover ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 01:22 PM
USMC Veteran

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Lomax trifold hard tonneau cover ?

Anyone have experience with the Lomax trifold hard cover? Not many reviews on it. A lot on Bakflip mx4 but I like the Lomax better as it is easily removed.
https://shop.agricover.com/product/lomax
Old 05-31-2020, 05:37 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rckt
Anyone have experience with the Lomax trifold hard cover? Not many reviews on it. A lot on Bakflip mx4 but I like the Lomax better as it is easily removed.
https://shop.agricover.com/product/lomax
I have one and love it. Picked it up for a steal from Truck Alterations in the vendor forums, you can PM Truckalter for a quote. Seals the bed very well although I have two very small trickles at the cab end when going through the car wash. I just need to put a flat rubber strip across the back of the bed to have perfect seal. No drain hoses to worry about and it folds up nicely in 30 seconds and stores in the second row floorboard of the cab if you need the whole bed clear. I would buy it again.
The following users liked this post:
rckt (06-01-2020)
Old 05-31-2020, 09:59 PM

Received 579 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by 12-VoltMan
I have one and love it. Picked it up for a steal from Truck Alterations in the vendor forums, you can PM Truckalter for a quote. Seals the bed very well although I have two very small trickles at the cab end when going through the car wash. I just need to put a flat rubber strip across the back of the bed to have perfect seal. No drain hoses to worry about and it folds up nicely in 30 seconds and stores in the second row floorboard of the cab if you need the whole bed clear. I would buy it again.
How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 05-31-2020, 11:02 PM

Responded via PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:24 AM
USMC Veteran

Originally Posted by 12-VoltMan
Responded via PM.
Can you pm me cost. Does it fit in crew cab when removed?
Old 06-01-2020, 02:36 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Subscribed. I think I'm gonna finally break down and buy a tonneau. My understanding of the Lomax is that it doesn't fold up against the cab, so if you ever needed to utilize your whole bed you'd need to remove it. Is that correct? And if so, how much easier (or harder) is the Lomax to remove than a cover that does make that last fold?
Old 06-01-2020, 02:45 PM
USMC Veteran

Originally Posted by Mr. Jimmy
Subscribed. I think I'm gonna finally break down and buy a tonneau. My understanding of the Lomax is that it doesn't fold up against the cab, so if you ever needed to utilize your whole bed you'd need to remove it. Is that correct? And if so, how much easier (or harder) is the Lomax to remove than a cover that does make that last fold?
Easy to pull out. I just ordered one from truck alterations. I get 2/3 or remove by pulling cable and get full bed. Bak mx4 blocks back window and more difficult to remove plus you have drain holes.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:00 PM

Received 565 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Jimmy
Yes, the Lomax will need to be removed if needing full access to the bed since it doesn't fold up against the cab. But it's pretty easy to remove and install.

Over three years with the Lomax. Did have an issue with the original design panel sealing and they quickly sent me the new updated version two years ago. No complaints with the redesign.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bubbabiker:
Mr. Jimmy (06-01-2020), rckt (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by rckt
Can you pm me cost. Does it fit in crew cab when removed?
PM TruckAlter instead, they are the vendor who will give you a quote. It easily fits the cab.
rckt (06-01-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 10:36 PM

Received 150 Likes on 106 Posts

I've had one for about a month now. I am a fan. I've had a few mx4's in the past and never really liked the quality that much. Out of the three of them, they all fit differently. BTW, the Lomax is the same as the weather tech. Just rebranded.
rckt (06-02-2020)

Quick Reply: Lomax trifold hard tonneau cover ?