Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klasse All In One....wax afterward?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 09:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Klasse All In One....wax afterward?

I saw where numerous people here use the Klasse polish wth good results, so I bought some on Amazon. Applied last night and truck is smooth as glass. It looks great. I just now remember why I take my truck to the car wash. My OCD kicks in and no smudge or mark is left. 4 hours to wash and polish the outside. Didn't even get to the inside yet.

One question, though...should I apply a wax after the polish, or is it necessary with the Klasse polish? Truck is a 2016 and is under a month old. I've read where people said to wash, dry, polish and then wax. Will no wax over the polish cause it to break down faster? Sorry...I have never polished before. Normally wax about 1-2x/yr. I want this truck to look new years down the road, though. I figure the commercial car wash uses harsh chemicals and want to wash on my own most often. Just want to make sure I'm doing it right. I used a cheap little Random Orbital buffer last night to apply the polish, and removed with a microfiber cloth. Will probably buy a Porter Cable buffer for future use. The cheap one was awkward to hold and kept flying out of my hand. Should I wax it this afternoon, or is the klasse good enough on its own?
Old 05-16-2016, 10:15 AM

Received 101 Likes on 78 Posts

Klasse is good enough. It's like a sealant and will last longer than a true wax.

However, a wax can bring out a better pop in paint color and depth if you want to layer it over the Klasse.

Also, if you plan to layer a wax be sure it's a 100% wax if you're looking for the extra pop. Most over the counter "wax" is really a sealant. For example, Meguiar's Ultimate Wax. While it's not going to hurt anything at all to layer another sealant, it may not have the desired result and may be a waste of time if you looking for that extra pop.

Last edited by Gx2Lariat; 05-16-2016 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:21 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Also, while I'm asking, the Klasse got on my windshield and seemed to polish out very nicely. Does it do anything for glass, is it harmful, and is it a good replacement for Rain X?
Old 05-16-2016, 10:33 AM

Received 101 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Mayberry
Also, while I'm asking, the Klasse got on my windshield and seemed to polish out very nicely. Does it do anything for glass, is it harmful, and is it a good replacement for Rain X?
Klasse is actually an acrylic and just a coating so to say. Not a true "polish" in the sense it doesn't remove swirls, it hides them.

I'd personally use it as directed and use Rain-x or equivalent if you want something on your windows. Best advice I can give you is do a test spot and see what happens.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:27 AM

Received 111 Likes on 81 Posts

https://www.f150forum.com/f28/
Old 05-16-2016, 12:37 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

As Gx2 stated, the all in one can be left "as is" for several months as it behaves like a sealant (a synthetic wax.) Also as stated, if you're going to wax over the sealant use the 100% carnauba to get a "warmer" shine.

Carnauba should be re-applied every 6-8 weeks depending upon weather and how frequently you wash.

I personally use a separate polish for correcting minor imperfections then a sealant. I prefer the colder shine of the sealant and don't bother with the additional wax on top of it. The sealant I use is also a Klasse product and it seems to be holding on up to a year but that has been on a convertible that's garaged in the winter. Will find out soon how it held up on the F150 as it's due for it's spring detailing now.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:05 PM

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

I'd go with Zaino All In One instead of the Klasse.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:02 AM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I do Klasse and then I coat throughout the year with Collinite 845

Quick Reply: Klasse All In One....wax afterward?