Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just took my truck to the shop, listen to their answer

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 02:04 PM
FordFX426

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just took my truck to the shop, listen to their answer

okay a few of you know i was having trouble with my front axle or cv shafts. well i took it in and originally they said they couldnt find out what was wrong with it that everything looked fine! and then i told them no it only does it in 4 wheel drive. and he was all ohhhh. well take it out saturday and see if it does it, and if it does bring it in monday and well take it for a test drive. well they were too busy so i just got back from my appointment today at 10 am. he heard what i was talking about. the type of 'popping' noise that i was hearing when i had it in 4wd when i turned hard left or right, but worse to the right. and he couldnt figure it out. he said he didnt know if it was the diff. or the internal axle that hooks up to the cv shaft. he said hes not a ford guy that hes mainly a chevy guy so he was going to have to make a few calls for me to his brother in arizona that has an offroad shop there and ask him. and call the ford dealership here in town. i was like WTF IFS 4wd systems are pretty much the same damn thing how can you not know what is wrong with it??? so anyone have any ideas? let me know what you think
Old 06-03-2008, 03:43 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Sounds like the axle shafts are bad. Popping like a FWD car with bad halfshafts.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:26 AM
FordFX426

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats exactly what i was thinking along with a few other truck guys. and all of this happened quite easily with no stress, i mean i was offroad but just going up a snow covered dirt trail while there was snow melt going on and my tires started slipping, then i heard a pop and here we go. so im getting it looked at for the 2nd time at the ford dealership here in town since the offroad shop couldnt figure out exactly what it was exactly. the mechanic said he thinks its something in the diff. so i dont know now. waiting to hear back from ford

Quick Reply: Just took my truck to the shop, listen to their answer