General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlamp error

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2023, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlamp error

Looking for help please. I have a 2022 Lariat with 33,000 miles. I'm getting the check headlamp error code. Called the dealer to schedule an appointment and they are booked until December. The blinkers will not operate when the code is displayed. The only way I can clear the code it is to pop the hood and close. I accidentally found this when I was opened the hood to investigate. It has happened 3 times now and the hood trick works every time. Everything works for a day or so and the code pops back up. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks
Old 10-29-2023, 10:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Headlight Control Module

I receive a "Check Headlamp System, See Owners Manual" error every time I start my 2023 F-150. I just push the "Ok" button and it goes away. The headlights seem to work fine. The dealer ordered a "Headlight Control Module" to see if that would resolve the problem. I have an installation appointment in about a week. I will post the results.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:57 PM

Please keep me updated. Pressing the "ok" button does not work for me, it will not respond. I will have to find another dealer because I can't wait until December. It is a safety issue with the blinkers not working.
Old 10-29-2023, 11:22 PM

Will do. My dealer received the "Headlight Control Module" in less than a week. I was just too busy to have it installed this week. They said there was another F-150 with the same error message but unlike mine the lights did not work. Replacing this part fixed the problem on the other truck.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:27 AM

I went to the dealer this morning for my "Headlight Control Module" installation appointment. Apparently, they ordered the wrong part. The correct part (I hope) is now on order and is expected next week
Old 11-03-2023, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Slawburger
I went to the dealer this morning for my "Headlight Control Module" installation appointment. Apparently, they ordered the wrong part. The correct part (I hope) is now on order and is expected next week
That's frustrating. The error code hasn't reappeared...yet. Im sure it will. I'm 2,000 miles away from warranty expiring so I need to make an appointment soon.
Old 11-11-2023, 08:00 PM

The dealer installed a "Headlight Control Module" yesterday morning. I have started the truck several times since then and have not seen the "Check Headlamp System" error since then. So far, so good.
Old 12-10-2023, 01:47 PM

Default Update

One month after replacing the "Headlight Control Module" the "Check Headlamp System" error has not returned. That seems to have resolved the issue.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:01 PM

Grayluke did you resolve this? I'm getting the same message/blinkers not working. It goes away and comes back intermittently. 2023 Powerboost

Quick Reply: Headlamp error