Hankook vs Bfgoodrich - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hankook vs Bfgoodrich

Old 12-30-2018, 09:13 PM

Default Hankook vs Bfgoodrich

Any one has any experience with either or both of these tires. LT245/75r17 Rugged Trial ta OR Hankook Dynapro ATM rf10 LT's?
Just want an all terrain terrain but 90 % is all highway driving. It's for a HDPP truck.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:59 PM

My 2018 FX4 came with the Hankook. Most of my driving is highway as well, but did have the truck in the snow last weekend. Tires handled nicely, no issues. Mine are the M&S 20" .They are quiet on the freeway, but I only have about 2500 miles on them.

Last edited by dmatt13; 12-31-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:01 PM
Sociopath Truckdriver

Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,954 Posts

I'm not a big fan of BFG, and I absolutely abhor those Handycraps.
I had the ATM's on my 150 for almost a year, 8500 miles, and was never so happy to get a decent tire. Biggest joke of an AT type that I can think of. I'd think the BFG's you mention would be a much better tire regarding bad weather, winter. Only my opinion, if you like BFG, stick with them. I'll try to talk anyone out of the Dynajunk ATM's, other than for dry pavement/highway use.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnday For This Useful Post:
Mike FX4 (01-01-2019)
Old 12-31-2018, 09:54 PM

I used to have Hankook's on my 2500. I really liked them alot. So I was pretty happy when my 18 F150 had the same tires. But today was the first time we had enough snow to try them out on the road. I gotta admit, I'm pretty disappointed so far. IDK if its because the truck is so much lighter than my 2500 was or what, but it was pretty bad. I have the rest of winter to change my mind I guess.....

btw, Im no fan of BFG's either. EDIT again, Rugged trail BFG are right up there with Goodyear SRA as worst tire ever. I thought you were talking about the AT KO's.

Last edited by srt20; 12-31-2018 at 09:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to srt20 For This Useful Post:
johnday (12-31-2018)
Old 01-01-2019, 08:19 AM

So what would you recommend for a mostly highway tire that's a LT and looks like a All Terrain tire?
I don't want it loud or any worse in fuel consumption. Highway driving but cool looking.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:23 AM

Basically no such tire exists. If you want an aggressive meaty tread, you're going to get road noise and a relatively short life.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by srt20 View Post
I used to have Hankook's on my 2500. I really liked them alot. So I was pretty happy when my 18 F150 had the same tires. But today was the first time we had enough snow to try them out on the road. I gotta admit, I'm pretty disappointed so far. IDK if its because the truck is so much lighter than my 2500 was or what, but it was pretty bad. I have the rest of winter to change my mind I guess.....

btw, Im no fan of BFG's either. EDIT again, Rugged trail BFG are right up there with Goodyear SRA as worst tire ever. I thought you were talking about the AT KO's.
I thought the same. The Hankooks look like they would be fine. However, the only way I was able to get around anything slick was to have a quarter ton of sand in the bed. So, I thought; it's light weight of the truck compared to my last. The stock ATM's are not the same as other sizes of that brand and style. The ATM's that come on Fords (and chev) do not have the mountain snowpeak to start with. The ATM's in sizes other than 275-55-20 do. I'm not sure if the rubber compound is different so as to allow for better mpg's or longer tire life, but there is something indeed different.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:46 AM

I always use LT heavier All Terrian's. Even this HDPP came stock LT 10 ply tires. They were the BFGoodrich Rugged Trail ta. So noise and mileage is expected.
I just don't want anything much louder. Just looking for other options. Realistically they do a okay job. Quiet and last for ever. 50 to 75k is about average. Just looking for something nicer looking.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:48 AM

I can say most of the oil fractures here on the east coast on their personal pickups run , KO2's, Rugged Trails or Transforces.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Sociopath Truckdriver

Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,954 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffinthebag View Post
So what would you recommend for a mostly highway tire that's a LT and looks like a All Terrain tire?
I don't want it loud or any worse in fuel consumption. Highway driving but cool looking.
I had very good luck with GoodYear Silent Armors for a couple of winters, 275/70/18 on my '12, LT's with the 3PKSF rating. They are still available in some places I've seen. GY came out with the Adventurer, that looks like they'd be pretty good.
Usually, you get what you pay for, but GY also came out with Wrangler UltraTerrains recently, only being sold by Discount Tire. I've got them on my '17 '1PARIAH has them as well, and has been in snow with them. TBH, I don't know if they come in LT, but they'd be worth looking at, especially at the cost. I got away with $1K USD on mine, 275/60/20. They're also snowflake rated.
Not a good photo, but an idea, photos are on my other 'puter.

Last edited by johnday; 01-01-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hankook vs Bfgoodrich

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: