General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

General Grabber at2 vs Cooper Discoverer at3 vs Goodyear Duratrac

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General Grabber at2 vs Cooper Discoverer at3 vs Goodyear Duratrac

Hey guys, so after reading many many fourms and reviews I am still unsure of which tire to pick. I do mostly highway driving and around town driving, however when I see mud, or dirt, I cannot stop myself from driving through it. I live in New England and plow in the winters, so I need a good tire in the snow. I plan on taking it into the woods for some light off roading/mudding in the spring so I need a tire that is good in the snow and mud, but still has highway manners. I was going to buy the General Grabbers at2, but I've been hearing alot of good things about the Cooper Discoverer at3 as well as alot of people who swear by the Goodyear Duratrac. Does anyone have an opinion?
Thanks y'all
Old 12-04-2013, 06:34 PM

Received 196 Likes on 163 Posts

Wink

I have the Cooper AT3's, in fact I have two sets. I have a set on stock rims that I use for winter driving, and a set on chrome rims for summer. They are excellent tires. I use my truck off road on my property in West Virginia and the traction is excellent. Going up and down some steep grades are no worry, even when wet and slippery. The on road traction is great and the road manners are very good. I can give the truck a lot of power before they break loose. Wet traction is good and they stop real well. The first set I took off in march when I bought the new chrome rims. That set has about 20,000 miles on them and they hardly looked worn. I'll be taking the chrome rims off the truck here shortly to put those back on. These have about 9,000 miles on them and they are like new.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:43 PM

Received 434 Likes on 289 Posts

I have the coopers on my truck. Traction is excellent in snow and muck, and they're decent on the highway. I'd buy another set in a heartbeat.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:21 PM

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

My gf's dad has the cooper at3 on his f250 and he likes them a lot! We have had the truck on swamp roads duck hunting and in corn fields plowing through snow.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:45 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hands down the duratrac is the best tire in the snow but it costs so much more than the general grabber at2. The grabber is a solid tire and a great value.

Best tire: Goodyear wrangler duratrac
Best value: General Grabber AT2

Quick Reply: General Grabber at2 vs Cooper Discoverer at3 vs Goodyear Duratrac