Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Finance Incentive-Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ford Finance Incentive-Worth it?

My 2013 F-150 came with a $1000.00 incentive for financing with Ford credit among other rebates. I qualified and paid off the balance on the first payment. No issues. They even recalculated the interest and included a small rebate check. However, FMC was reluctant to provide the original title to the owner (me) after the fact. Rather, I was told to apply to the State for a duplicate title (for a fee). After much discussion, the original title arrived in the mail along with the notarized release for the insurance company.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:37 AM

Received 584 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by F-100
My 2013 F-150 came with a $1000.00 incentive for financing with Ford credit among other rebates. I qualified and paid off the balance on the first payment. No issues. They even recalculated the interest and included a small rebate check. However, FMC was reluctant to provide the original title to the owner (me) after the fact. Rather, I was told to apply to the State for a duplicate title (for a fee). After much discussion, the original title arrived in the mail along with the notarized release for the insurance company.
Huh? Never heard of that. I thick you were just talking to the wrong idiot on the phone. Titles are automatically sent out when it is paid off to show no liens. Someone takes a few weeks to process.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:44 AM

Received 138 Likes on 103 Posts

This is the first issue I have heard of it. Many people on this forum have done what you did with no problems.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:45 AM

Received 173 Likes on 116 Posts

i financed with FMC also to get the incentive, but stupid me believed the dealership credit person who said I had to keep it with FMC for at least 3 months before refinancing (my credit union had much better interest rate). Fortunately I only made two payments before looking into it and finding out that wasn't true - the only reason the dealer wanted me to stay for at least 3 months was so they wouldn't lose money (takes that long to break even apparently - make up for the incentive with the interest money). they were probably just unhappy they lost money on your deal... crooks
Old 12-04-2013, 10:15 AM

Received 187 Likes on 155 Posts

Yup, take the incentive and drive immediately to your local bank or favorite credit union to refi. There is nothing Ford can do about it.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:20 AM

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by terraformer
Yup, take the incentive and drive immediately to your local bank or favorite credit union to refi. There is nothing Ford can do about it.
Yup, did it and got a better rate.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1. Got fed the line by credit manager about staying with them 3 months. Had the truck refinanced through credit union in a week.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:07 PM
IT nerd geek DORK NERD

Received 112 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by calypso vert
+1. Got fed the line by credit manager about staying with them 3 months. Had the truck refinanced through credit union in a week.
Dumb question - where is there 'proof' we don't need to stay with them 3 months? Not that I believed them (and I'm shopping around now for rates and such) but it's nice to have that piece of paper in hand if need be.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kung

Dumb question - where is there 'proof' we don't need to stay with them 3 months? Not that I believed them (and I'm shopping around now for rates and such) but it's nice to have that piece of paper in hand if need be.
I talked to my credit union ahead of time and they told me ford can't hold you to it if it's not in contract. Credit manager started with 3 month line and I asked him to point out exactly where it was stated in paperwork bc I didn't believe him. He then changed his tune and said it isn't stated but they would greatly appreciate me eating 3 months of interest before refinancing so they get their check. I laughed a bit and signed the paperwork.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:06 PM

Received 232 Likes on 149 Posts

Yup....that's what I did too.

Quick Reply: Ford Finance Incentive-Worth it?