Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Sync 3 TCU / Modem broken & ford dealer cant fix? can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Sync 3 TCU / Modem broken & ford dealer cant fix? can anyone help?

Ive got Ford Focus 2019 with Sync 3, the Connected Vehicle features worked fine untill Feb 2020 when the car stopped communicating to fords servers via the car modem. Ive taken the car back to the dealers 4 times now and they cant fix the issue for whatever reason. They keep telling us the TCU / Modem passes all the diagnostics they perform but the fordpass support keep saying the cars TCU hasnt checked in since Feb and that nothing can be done till thats resolved? So you can see my dilemma, Ive tried all sorts bits ive read online + used Ford Sync updater app which updated to 3.4 no problem, Ive disconnected the battery & removed passenger fuse 11 all without resolving my TCU issue. Now since the last visit to the dealer the cars now also come back with the Cars Microphone not working so I cant use my phone in the car now for calls or use the voice controls. I just dont know what to do as obviously the dealer cant fix the TCU issue and the fordpass people cant do anything until the cars TCU checks in. Is there any way I can perform TCU reset myself?? Or does anyone else whos had similar issue got some insight i could use???

Thanks in advance for reading and for any replies you might have for me…

JK

FYI Was recommended to post here by user here https://community.cyanlabs.net/t/for...91/2?u=bodgeup
The following users liked this post:
grayF150abyss (11-16-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 10:36 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

This is not the F150 sync connect retrofit forum that they refer you to.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
This is not the F150 sync connect retrofit forum that they refer you to.
Did look for that forum but wasnt able to find it can u point me to the url pls?

Thanks
Old 09-17-2020, 04:17 PM

Received 3,524 Likes on 1,689 Posts

Will this thread help?
Old 11-16-2020, 07:21 PM
Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 2019 f150 and have ever been able to authorize the Ford pass app to work. Been looking for a fuse location to try. You said passenger fuse 11. So I’ll give that a shot. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Ford Sync 3 TCU / Modem broken & ford dealer cant fix? can anyone help?