Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford says my VIN is incorrect. ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford says my VIN is incorrect. ??

I was trying to get a build sheet on my 2019 F-150 so I contacted Ford support. They tell me my VIN is not correct. How can this be?
I bought the truck in December of 2020 from Enterprise. They told me the truck had a 3.5 ecoboost and towing package. I said it’s doesn’t have a towing package because there is no receiver. They said they take them off to discourage towing but they will pay for one to be installed which they did. I only towed my 3500lb boat at the time so I thought I was good. Now my wife bought a 4600lb camper trailer so I wanted more information before we take a 1200 mile trip through the blue ridge and Appalachian mountains.
My vin shows an engine code 8 but I open the hood and it’s an ecoboost.
It’s a short bed screw with 4wd.
I’m not sure if I’m good to go for the mountains or not.
Anyone ever had an issue like this? How can I determine if I’m good to go.
Old 04-03-2023, 05:35 PM

Received 1,216 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanr
I was trying to get a build sheet on my 2019 F-150 so I contacted Ford support. They tell me my VIN is not correct. How can this be?
I bought the truck in December of 2020 from Enterprise. They told me the truck had a 3.5 ecoboost and towing package. I said it’s doesn’t have a towing package because there is no receiver. They said they take them off to discourage towing but they will pay for one to be installed which they did. I only towed my 3500lb boat at the time so I thought I was good. Now my wife bought a 4600lb camper trailer so I wanted more information before we take a 1200 mile trip through the blue ridge and Appalachian mountains.
I’m not sure if I’m good to go for the mountains or not.
Anyone ever had an issue like this? How can I determine if I’m good to go.
this is confusing. Did ford say your “vin is incorrect” OR are you surprised by what they said was included in origins build vs what you have on truck now?

does your vin on title match vins on the truck?
Old 04-03-2023, 05:46 PM

Ford support said vin was incorrect but door tag dash tag and paperwork agree.
They suggested another vin which their own site was incorrect.
Frustrating.
Old 04-03-2023, 06:02 PM

Received 1,216 Likes on 986 Posts

Ford support said vin was incorrect but door tag dash tag and paperwork agree.
They suggested another vin which their own site was incorrect.
Frustrating.
this is also a little confusing. Don’t know what that means. Regardless, the good news is it sounds like you don’t have a title/reg/legal issues to deal with.
Old 04-03-2023, 06:17 PM

I’m just trying to get the truck ready for the trip. My main concern is if there’s a transmission cooler and I can’t really see in there without some disassembly.
Old 04-03-2023, 06:49 PM
Old Fart

Received 1,228 Likes on 860 Posts

6 Speed or 10 speed transmission? 10 speed is under the truck from what I heard

Old 04-03-2023, 06:50 PM
Aluminum Can Connoisseur

Received 206 Likes on 164 Posts

If you bought the truck from Enterprise they definitely DO NOT MODIFY the trucks as delivered so if it came with a factory hitch... it was removed some where along the line (not uncommon)
And who is "they"... Enterprise has sales agents and supervisors. They should have given you the carfax and service history when you were purchasing it.
My oldest brother just purchased a 2021 RAM 2500 truck from them last September... it was thousands less than anything comparable but only had 38,000 miles on it. He was in need of a 3/4 ton so there werent
many options under $53,000.
Old 04-03-2023, 07:06 PM

Oh joy. 70 yrs old and I’m still having to climb under trucks. But thanks for the info.
Old 04-03-2023, 09:43 PM

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

​​​​​​i would try to locate the window sticker for the VIN that you have and see what matches or doesn't match
Old 04-04-2023, 12:29 AM

Received 526 Likes on 320 Posts

Put in your VIN pay a bit of money and get a copy of your window sticker listing how your truck was built and sold new. https://monroneylabels.com/
The following users liked this post:
Deanr (04-04-2023)

Quick Reply: Ford says my VIN is incorrect. ??