General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Phone Mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom Phone Mount

I recently bought new computer speakers and they came with some stupid plastic thing that you are supposed to put on your desk then put your iPod on (why not just put the iPod on the desk?). Anyway I found that if i flip it around my Droid X with its case fits snug between the tabs of the plastic thing. So i drilled a hole in the bottom for my charger and bought some anti-glide foot pads for chair legs (weird I know) and some Velcro and built a column to support and stick the mount to the dash. Anyway here are some pics of the finished product (sadly I couldn't take any pics with the phone in it because my phone is the only camera I have).

Anyone else make their own phone mount or have one they really like? I'd like to see some pictures if you do!
Attached Images     
Old 05-27-2011, 01:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I didn't exactly make my mount, but I made the mount to hold the mount lol. My Droid car mount came with a flat disk to stick to the bottom of the suction mount, with a crap adhesive on one side to mount on your dash. I did not want glue on my dash and mounting on the window just awkward. So I cut off half of a tin can, used epoxy to glue the disk to the top, and stuck it snugly into the cupholder.

The second mount was something I cooked up to hold my ipod. Made it out of some spare plastic, the ipod dock mount that came with my ipod, and a car charger.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Phone Mount-img_20100911_182901.jpg  
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Custom Phone Mount