General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help

Ok, so I have a 2004 2wd f1 and I got a really good deal on these 35's so I bought a leveling kit. I haven't had the chance to throw the kit on but I know for a fact they don't fit with out it. Will they fit with the kit ? Also I took a pic of the rivet type thing by the fender wells will that rub the tires and if I cut it off would it be bad for the frame ? Leme know thanks !
Attached Thumbnails Can someone help-image-72449833.jpg   Can someone help-image-2610268987.jpg   Can someone help-image-4272889312.jpg  
Old 05-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

3inch level should get you close with stock fenders... Still will need some cutting probably..

I cannot speak for the aftermarket fenders...
Old 05-28-2012, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thank you. And I wanted to know how important it is to get the diff. Re geared once I get the 35s on because a lot of people have told me that it won't harm anything but top end power and I've also been told I can blow a lot in the motor and trans ?
Old 05-28-2012, 07:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't run 35's on that truck with any leveling kit. The corner of the front bumper and the opposite corner by the bottom of the door in the wheel well will rub a lot. I got mine on 35's and I have a 6 inch lift. That just makes it when I hit all the bumps and make tight turns. Just cause the wheel fits in the well dose not mean you can drive like that. You have to clear the full range of suspension travel. It can look ok parked but hit a bump and tires rub on fenders. Also it has to clear how wide the tires are so turn your wheel lock to lock and see where it rubs. Wheel offset or spacers can help if it rubs while turning.

You can't cut where the sheet metal makes that lip in the wheel well or your body will start to come apart. The steel is folded together and spot welded together there, cutting it will remove whats holding things together in that spot.

I have no idea what gearing or engine you have. I have a 5.4 and it does just fine with the 35's and a 6 inch lift even on the highway. I can even tow a trailer but wow the mileage sucks HAHA. If you have a 4.6 your gonna bog down some but it shouldn't be too bad. Hope this helps you some I spent a lot of time modifying my 05 FX4 so I have seen what fits and does not with 35" tires.

Moral of the story is if its cheap and quick it wont last long or work well.